Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » Project Integration / 'Team' support
Project Integration / 'Team' support [message #685607] Fri, 17 June 2011 21:15 Go to next message
Wyatt Spear is currently offline Wyatt SpearFriend
I'm working on software product stored in a single Git repo. It consists of several sub-applications in their own directories. Committing Eclipse project data to the repo is not an option. I can download the whole repo using EGit without trouble. Once I have the repo locally I can create a new Java project and link the relevant source directory in the local repo to the project. As far as I can tell that's where git project integration ends. As far as the JDT is concerned I have a regular local project to work with. I can switch to EGit to do version management.

My question is, is there any kind of strong integration between regular Eclipse projects and EGit available or planned? It would be nice to have access to something like the project-level 'Team' menu integration with CVS. As it stands now EGit provides a nifty Git front-end, but I don't see much distinction between EGit and the command line as far as my individual project development is concerned. Does this change if Eclipse project info is available in the Git repo?
Re: Project Integration / 'Team' support [message #685736 is a reply to message #685607] Sat, 18 June 2011 18:02 Go to previous message
Manuel Doninger is currently offline Manuel DoningerFriend
You have to select Team -> Share to enable EGit for the project. Did you do that?
Of course it could cause trouble with your linked folder. In that case i would suggest to create the project in the repository folder and add all Eclipse specific files (.project etc.) to .gitignore, so that they don't get committed.

[Updated on: Sat, 18 June 2011 18:04]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Downloading the files to install on an isolated system.
Next Topic:jgit.pgm download link is gone?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 09:15:49 GMT 2024