Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » Contribute from a fragment to a component in application
Contribute from a fragment to a component in application [message #685437] Fri, 17 June 2011 14:10 Go to next message
Christian Eugster is currently offline Christian EugsterFriend
Hi,

I have two plugins: The first contains the Application.e4xmi, the second a Fragment.e4xmi. In Application.e4xmi I added a toolbar under Trimmed Window -> TrimBars->Window Trim with id "my.id". In Fragment.e4xmi I want to contribute a ToolItem to this toolbar. So in Fragment.e4xmi I added a String Model Fragment with id "my.id" and Feature children. To this I added a Handled Tool Item with Command "my.command" that was defined in another String Model Fragment with Element Id org.eclipse.e4.ide.application and featurename commands. I also added a handler under the same Element Id with reference to the same command.

When I start the application, the toolitem is not shown. The same is with menus I contribute from the fragment to the application. Do I missunderstand the tutorials or where did I do something wrong? And is there some deeper documentation around?

Thank you

Christian
Re: Contribute from a fragment to a component in application [message #686020 is a reply to message #685437] Tue, 21 June 2011 11:49 Go to previous message
Paul Webster is currently offline Paul WebsterFriend

Hi Christian,

Could you post the fragment you're using to add your command/toolitem?

Thanx,
PW

Previous Topic:XWT ListViewer multi selection
Next Topic:Problem with command handlers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 16:00:36 GMT 2024