Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Force application to run when window hidden
Force application to run when window hidden [message #685375] Fri, 17 June 2011 11:43 Go to next message
tmp is currently offline tmpFriend
Is it possible to force an RCP application to run when the application window is hidden? I want the program to keep redrawing, even when the window is minimized.
Re: Force application to run when window hidden [message #685421 is a reply to message #685375] Fri, 17 June 2011 13:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Artur Kronenberg is currently offline Artur KronenbergFriend
Hi,

Are you sure it isn't running anyway? The workbench is run by this loop:

while (true) {
	if (!display.readAndDispatch()) {
		if (initDone[0])
		      break;
		display.sleep();
	}
}

This means that every event (that causes redrawing) is dispatched anyway, not depending on the visible state of the parent shell.
If you want to redraw diagrammatically you might wanna call that routine by yourself. But once again: I don't think that the shell stops redrawing if it is not visible.

What exactly do you want to do? Why do you need to redraw a user interface that is not visible?

Kind regards,

-- artur
Re: Force application to run when window hidden [message #685434 is a reply to message #685421] Fri, 17 June 2011 14:04 Go to previous message
tmp is currently offline tmpFriend
Thank you for the quick reply!
The only thing i know for sure is that the paintlistener in the view stops running when i hide the application window behind another window (like Firefox), or minimizes the application. It starts to run immediately when the application is showing again.
I have built in an autopilot in my image processing application. This autopilot pauses every time i hide my application window...
Previous Topic:Get resource works from within IDE but not after export
Next Topic:Outline and Property Sheet
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 23:37:47 GMT 2024