Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » Can't load mysqli class in new project.
Can't load mysqli class in new project. [message #684557] Wed, 15 June 2011 19:48 Go to next message
Dave Hicks is currently offline Dave HicksFriend
I'm new to PHP, but I'd really like to be able to use PDT to write my scripts. (Straight CLI scripting - no web stuff.) After some gnashing of teeth, I finally got PDT to try to execute a script I'd already written, but it the console spits out the message:

PHP Fatal error: Class 'mysqli' not found in /home/dhicks/workspace/show-slave-status/show-slave-status.php on line 33

The PDT project shows a mysqli.php as part of the Core API, which I assume is included in the project, but apparently I'm wrong about that. Being new to this stuff, I don't really know where the libraries are residing, but this script works fine when I run it from the command line. I'm running Eclipse Helios on Fedora 14 Linux.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Maybe there is a good tutorial that I missed somewhere?

Thanks,
Dave
Re: Can't load mysqli class in new project. [message #684673 is a reply to message #684557] Thu, 16 June 2011 03:16 Go to previous message
Toshihiro Izumi is currently offline Toshihiro IzumiFriend
PDT uses php.ini only, does not use other additional ini files such as /etc/php.d/mysqli.ini. So it is necessary to merge all ini files you need into single ini file.(and set it in Preferences>PHP>PHP Executables>Edit>PHP ini file (optional))
(This is a bug of PDT. See https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=347618 )

>The PDT project shows a mysqli.php as part of the Core API,
They are for editing feature(content assist,function hover,etc.) only. Not for runtime.
Previous Topic:Bad Habbits
Next Topic:Cannot "Run As" in eclipse PDT (Php script)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 14:55:29 GMT 2024