Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Load Build environment from a file (CDT Build)
Load Build environment from a file [message #684199] Wed, 15 June 2011 08:09 Go to next message
Tomas Winkler is currently offline Tomas WinklerFriend
I have projects that depends on ample amount of environment variables
I would like to load those into the project. I need something similar to shell 'source' or '.' command.
Thanks for suggestions

Tomas
Re: Load Build environment from a file [message #684419 is a reply to message #684199] Wed, 15 June 2011 14:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Doug Schaefer is currently offline Doug SchaeferFriend
Sounds like a good enhancement request. Not promising anything, but it's better to have a record if it: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=CDT
Re: Load Build environment from a file [message #684437 is a reply to message #684419] Wed, 15 June 2011 15:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tomas Winkler is currently offline Tomas WinklerFriend
I conclude from your response that currently it is not possible (I filed the enhancement request).
Is it possible to do it by a simple plugin?
Re: Load Build environment from a file [message #1755453 is a reply to message #684437] Fri, 03 March 2017 13:03 Go to previous message
Fabio Bettoni is currently offline Fabio BettoniFriend
Hello,
have you solved the problem in some way ?

We use to set build variables, and we use them to build include paths and libraries paths.

The dilemma is:
1. Set build variables in Workspace: It's good we can change variable in one point only for all projects in workspace. It's bad workspace build variables are not versioned (Serena Dimensions CM, git, cvs, subversion are versioning only projects storing .cproject and .project.
2. Set same build variables in each project: It's good build variables are versioned within the project, It's bad when we need to update them in every single project inside the workspace.

Should be nice to load variables in every project from a shared file (maybe with an extra project containing that file).

Previous Topic:HELP ME
Next Topic:C++ Debug on Windows with MinGW is a total bust: no stop at breakpoints, no console output
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 10:55:36 GMT 2024