Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Ant debugging using the "Expressions" feature?
Ant debugging using the "Expressions" feature? [message #681723] Thu, 09 June 2011 17:59 Go to next message
No real name is currently offline No real nameFriend
Hi all,

I post on the Newcomers section a couple of hours ago and thought that it might be more adequate to post the question here:

When debugging Ant scripts, all the properties are displayed in the "Variables" tab but it's hard to "watch" the properties when the Ant script/macro starts to be complex. So I was wondering if there is a way to use the "Expression" tab to specify that I want to watch an Ant property. Is there a special syntax to do so?

If not, someone could point me in the good direction (in the sources) to try to implement that feature? I'm not familiar with Eclipse sources and the plug-ins...

Thanks!
Alex
Re: Ant debugging using the "Expressions" feature? [message #682457 is a reply to message #681723] Sat, 11 June 2011 05:56 Go to previous message
nicole_coocox  is currently offline nicole_coocox Friend
In the "Variables" tab,you can just see the names of the properties.To watch them,maybe you can have a try in these ways:

solution1:click the property in the Variables window ,and you'll get it.But you can only see the string type in this way.

solution2:choose the property and press "ctrl+shift+I" on the keybroad,you'll watch it.

solution3:set a breakpoint where the property lies ,and run.

Free and open embedded development tools ---- CooCox

[Updated on: Mon, 13 June 2011 02:06]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:JasperWave - completely new Eclipse-based designer for JasperReports
Next Topic:java documentation substitution variables
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 08:14:19 GMT 2024