Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » E002_ReadConsoleInput failed...: (6) The handle is invalid.
E002_ReadConsoleInput failed...: (6) The handle is invalid. [message #677766] Thu, 09 June 2011 10:42 Go to next message
No real name is currently offline No real nameFriend
I have an .exe file to work as the program to interface with my application.

I put that .exe file as the program to run when my build process is done.

The program it's a command line utility that works great with windows command line, but when I run my program and Eclipse tries to run it, the following error appears:

E002_ReadConsoleInput failed...: (6) The handle is invalid.

When I remove the necessary arguments to run that command line utility, Eclipse gives a different error (with the same meaning):

Problem: ReadConsoleInput

I have a Windows7 x64 machine. Can anyone help me?

Thanks
Re: E002_ReadConsoleInput failed...: (6) The handle is invalid. [message #682003 is a reply to message #677766] Fri, 10 June 2011 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anton Leherbauer is currently offline Anton LeherbauerFriend
The program seems to expect input coming from a (native windows) console. This fails because it is not connected to a console when run from within Eclipse.
Re: E002_ReadConsoleInput failed...: (6) The handle is invalid. [message #682215 is a reply to message #682003] Fri, 10 June 2011 16:20 Go to previous message
No real name is currently offline No real nameFriend
How can I solve that?

More details over the operation:

First I put serialterm as the program to run after build, resulting in:

Program to run: serialterm
Arguments: com9 9600

After reading this answer I one thing: instead of calling serialterm (that runs perfectly well on Windows command line), I'll call command line with the parameters to call serialterm. That results in:

Program to run: System32/cmd.exe
Arguments: \K serialterm com9 9600

Exactly the same error

If I remove the arguments the program runs fine (shows Widnows Command Line on Eclipse Console), but what I really wants it's to have serialterm there. Any solution?

Thanks
Previous Topic:Debug problems with MinGW / GDB - Which version is recommend?
Next Topic:Build problems
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 16:33:19 GMT 2024