Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » How can I clear the repository cache? [SOLVED]
How can I clear the repository cache? [SOLVED] [message #676869] Mon, 06 June 2011 19:34 Go to next message
petrocket is currently offline petrocketFriend
I think I need to clear the GIT repository cache because whenever I clone a repository and use a workspace folder that I used for a previous version of that repository, EGit seems to remember the repository settings for the old folder, in particular, it remembers that the old repository was a bare repo.

Detailed situation is:
1. created an empty remote repository and pushed a local bare repo at /myproject to it
2. realized i couldn't pull from that remote bare repo so I deleted it and my local repo included the /myproject directory
3. recreated the empty remote repository
4. went to clone the empty remote repository locally but found if i cloned using the same directory as the old (deleted) repo it would assume this recreated repo was bare like the old one.
5. if i clone the empty remote repository into a different directory like /myproject2 everything works fine, but if i clone the empty repository into /myproject it somehow retains the old repository settings.

I checked the .git/config for the the cloned repository in both cases and note that the 'bare' config option is not set so I assume there must be some EGit repository cache file somewhere that retains these settings that I must edit/delete.

Anyone know where it is?

[Updated on: Mon, 06 June 2011 19:45]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How can I clear the repository cache? [SOLVED] [message #676872 is a reply to message #676869] Mon, 06 June 2011 19:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
petrocket is currently offline petrocketFriend
I renamed the /Users/<username>/Library/Caches/org.eclipse.eclipse/Cache.db and restarted eclipse. Not sure if renaming that file helped.
(no subject) [message #676976 is a reply to message #676872] Tue, 07 June 2011 07:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robin Rosenberg is currently offline Robin RosenbergFriend
petrocket skrev 2011-06-06 21.47:
> I renamed the
> /Users/<username>/Library/Caches/org.eclipse.eclipse/Cache.db and
> restarted eclipse. Not sure if renaming that file helped.

This is a bug.

Can you report it at bugs.eclipse.org? Also look in your workspsace log
to see if there are any relevant errors there, especially stack traces
and, if so, include them with the bug report

Thanks
-- robin
Re: (no subject) [message #885627 is a reply to message #676976] Wed, 13 June 2012 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Max Rydahl Andersen is currently offline Max Rydahl AndersenFriend
We are seeing this issue in our work with egit - was there ever a bugzilla or something covering this issue ?

Re: (no subject) [message #888220 is a reply to message #885627] Sun, 17 June 2012 21:54 Go to previous message
Andre Dietisheim is currently offline Andre DietisheimFriend
I did a quick search in the eclipse bugzilla but couldn't find any reference to this. We also run into this when interacting programmatically with egit/jgit: https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-12150

I strongly believe in some cache not being updated when you kill a project, or being updated too late. I have put on my TODO-list to setup a unit-test that would reproduce this and digging into egit/jgit to see if I can find a fix for it.

We'd appreciate a lot if you could point us to the bugzilla that was filed back then.
Previous Topic:core.autocrlf=true still buggy with 2.0.0-rc2
Next Topic:How to implement Patch over Email using JGit
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 09:35:37 GMT 2024