Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Qt integration on Eclipse - Advice needed(Installing Qt with Eclipse)
Qt integration on Eclipse - Advice needed [message #676498] Sat, 04 June 2011 21:30 Go to next message
John Cogan is currently offline John CoganFriend
Hi

I recently installed Eclipse (v3.5.2) on uBuntu 11.04 for PHP development.

I also wanted to install the C/C++ compiler with the Qt development tools to allow design of UI.

The reason for this post is because I have unsuccessfully tried to get Qt to integrate with Eclipse.

The stand alone Qt tools work fine but after following the install instructions located at qt.nokia.com/developer/eclips...-linux-systems

and running eclipse -clean I am not seeing any Qt items within the IDE and can only assume I went wrong somewhere.

To get this working would it be best I un-install everything, Qt and Eclipse and restart or is this a matter simply of incorrect configuration somewhere?

I located the Qt libraries within /usr/lib/qt4/plugins and had also installed the Eclipse C/C++ CDT within Eclipse itself.

I had also installed the Qt SDK and the Qt Libraries (32 bit linux versions)

Any help in this regard would be appreciated.

Many thanks
John
Re: Qt integration on Eclipse - Advice needed [message #676501 is a reply to message #676498] Sat, 04 June 2011 22:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andrey Kourskov is currently offline Andrey KourskovFriend
Hi, John

If you installed Eclipse from Ubuntu repository, I recommend you uninstall it and delete /workspace and /.eclipse folders.
Then you should download Eclipse from the official web site and unpack it were you want.

So
- download and unpack Eclipse for PHP Developers
- install Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Developers from Help->Install New Software.. (Check the CDT repository enabled in the Available Software Sites preferences)
- install the Qt development tools for Eclipse

http://help.eclipse.org/helios/topic/org.eclipse.platform.doc.user/tasks/tasks-124.htm
Re: Qt integration on Eclipse - Advice needed [message #676534 is a reply to message #676501] Sun, 05 June 2011 05:58 Go to previous message
John Cogan is currently offline John CoganFriend
Hi Andrey

Ok thanks for that, I'll give that a try.

Best Regards
John
Previous Topic:change from shared libs to static
Next Topic:Execute eclipse in Windows, but compile and execute in another Linux machine
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 08 01:36:12 GMT 2024