Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » openGL windows(How to make the openGL window show up when hit the "Run" )
openGL windows [message #676107] Thu, 02 June 2011 20:55 Go to next message
Cmlo  is currently offline Cmlo Friend
I have successfully made a openGL code to run on Eclipse C++ on Windows7, however, everytime I have to go out to the Windows Explorer to find the .exe file and click on it. I am not sure how to configure the launch on Eclipse to let the openGL windows to show up on screen when I press the "Run" (I have set to have auto build).

Thanks for the help.
Re: openGL windows [message #677208 is a reply to message #676107] Tue, 07 June 2011 20:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
eight  is currently offline eight Friend
I don't full understand your question: are you trying to launch an existin executable from Eclipse, if so, this may be of help: /forums/index.php?t=rview&goto=333123&th=108671

Re: openGL windows [message #677218 is a reply to message #677208] Tue, 07 June 2011 20:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cmlo  is currently offline Cmlo Friend
Thanks for the reply. I am running on Windows. When you run an Executable application on Eclipse CDT with OpenGL libary,do you see the output graphics window stay open, or you have to go find the .exe file from the file system's folder, then click it to run ? My case is that the graphics window would just show up for one second when I "Run" an executable application and then close out itself, so I will have to go to the file folder and click on the .exe file. I am wondering if it is supposed to behave this way for the Eclipse CDT executable. Is it possible for me to press the "Run" inside the Eclipse and have the graphics showing up right away.

Re: openGL windows [message #683113 is a reply to message #677218] Mon, 13 June 2011 03:03 Go to previous message
eight  is currently offline eight Friend
I run and debug OpenGL applications from Eclipse CDT myself, so it definitely works. Without any information about your case, it is impossible to suggest anything of value, but I would look at the Console view for the clues, and try to debug it starting from the main method.

Previous Topic:Build problems
Next Topic:real newbie here
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 10:56:04 GMT 2024