Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Start up trouble even though I changed the eclipse.ini(Getting an error message with log file on Mac OS X 10.6.7)
Start up trouble even though I changed the eclipse.ini [message #675937] Thu, 02 June 2011 02:29 Go to next message
Dave Kaplan is currently offline Dave KaplanFriend
I read the sticky about specifying the JVM and did that but I'm getting an error message when I try and start Eclipse 3.6.2-macosx-cocoa-x86. I'm on an Intel Core i7 Mac running 10.6.7. Is that the right version of Eclipse?

I can post the log message... I don't want to just dump in here. It's not that long, but maybe the last part of the message is the more important part. I was running Eclipse 3.5 without any trouble.

The top part has this (gives the java version)
eclipse.buildId=M20110210-1200
java.version=1.6.0_24
java.vendor=Apple Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=macosx, ARCH=x86_64, WS=cocoa, NL=en_US

Then the very end says:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2011-06-01 21:22:12.029
!MESSAGE Application error
!STACK 1
org.osgi.service.application.ApplicationException: No application id has been found.
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppContainer.startDefaultApp(EclipseAppContainer.java:262)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.MainApplicationLauncher.run(MainApplicationLauncher.java:29)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:369)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:620)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:575)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1408)

Any advice or suggested links for figuring out how to fix this would be really nice.
Thanks.
Re: Start up trouble even though I changed the eclipse.ini [message #676291 is a reply to message #675937] Fri, 03 June 2011 14:39 Go to previous message
Dave Kaplan is currently offline Dave KaplanFriend
I thought about the fact that my iMac configuration was migrated from a previous iMac using Time Machine and that I'd probably junked up the works even further over last year or so, not to mention whatever I brought with it when I migrated.

The solution was to back up all my docs, work, ect. and erase my iMac and reinstall the factory settings for 10.6, which I was looking forward to. Everything is clean and zippy now. I never liked the total automatic migration much. Now I'm running the latest version of Eclipse (part of Flash Builder 4.5) without any problems.
Previous Topic:Ecore models for download
Next Topic:Eclipse and OpenOCD and STM32
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 19:23:53 GMT 2024