Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » GEF » ZEST Large Graph
ZEST Large Graph [message #675501] Tue, 31 May 2011 17:21 Go to next message
Sam Missing name is currently offline Sam Missing nameFriend
Hi,

I am experiencing Problems with ZEST when painting large Graphs.
There are like 60 Nodes, almost all connections originate from on node, therefore i used RadialLayoutAlgorithm(LayoutStyles.NO_LAYOUT_NODE_RESIZING) here. I use a custom figure with size(-1,-1), since i found no other way of telling the layout to make figures as big as they need to be.
How can i achieve a better results?
I attached a screenshot, it should paint a part of our database-scheme.

Thanks in advance
  • Attachment: scheme.png
    (Size: 48.77KB, Downloaded 326 times)

[Updated on: Tue, 31 May 2011 18:34]

Report message to a moderator

Re: ZEST Large Graph [message #675529 is a reply to message #675501] Tue, 31 May 2011 15:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Johan Schulz is currently offline Johan SchulzFriend
Hi,

afaik there is no easy solution for this cause all layout algorithms have overlapping nodes and this doesn't changed with Zest 2.0 algorithms (i only testet the *TreeLayouts so maybe there is one i've missed Smile ). They all use the center of each figure to calculate its position in the layout.
You can use the CompositeLayout with HorizontalShift but the result wasn't really usefull or astetic (at least for me ) cause it simply just shifts the nodes to the right without respect to their position in the layout. Maybe it works for you but i think subclass one of the existing algorithms and implement the no-overlap behavior gives better results.

Regards
Johan

PS: i just saw that Fabian has postet an link to an similar problem, this might be helpfull if you want to implement the no-overlap feature.
http://vzurczak.wordpress.com/2010/12/20/eclipse-zest-custom-figures-and-nodes-size/

[Updated on: Tue, 31 May 2011 15:15]

Report message to a moderator

Re: ZEST Large Graph [message #675745 is a reply to message #675501] Wed, 01 June 2011 11:40 Go to previous message
Sam Missing name is currently offline Sam Missing nameFriend
I tried compositelayout with horizontalshift, but it didnt give me the results wanted.
I will try to subclass the algorithm as you mentioned.
I found the link you posted when i googled about another problem, giving the figures the size they need to have to display all of their content. This resulted in passing LayoutStyles.NO_LAYOUT_NODE_RESIZING to the algorithm and giving the figures a size of (-1,-1). This helped for the size-issue.

Thanks for your suggestions
Previous Topic:ZEST Customize width & height of nodes when using GraphViewer
Next Topic:SWT draw2d alpha blending
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 19:47:18 GMT 2024