Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Class.forName in plugin developement
Class.forName in plugin developement [message #674012] Wed, 25 May 2011 14:14 Go to next message
George  is currently offline George Friend
Hello,
i am developing plug-in eclipse wich contains an wizard.This wizard lets the user to enter a class name with package name in current project and in treatment i need to do Class.forName("Class entred") but it dont work.Class Not found.
I think that the use of Class.forName in Plugin developement is not allowed.so how to do that?

Thinks for your help
Re: Class.forName in plugin developement [message #674587 is a reply to message #674012] Fri, 27 May 2011 12:53 Go to previous message
Artur Kronenberg is currently offline Artur KronenbergFriend
Hi,

I am using Class.forName() in my Plug-In Project and it works just fine, so either your class is actually not available, or there is a miss spell or something similiar.

It sounds like you'd want to check for classes in the Workscpaces (??) since there is a wizard that let's someone do that. You could look into the code of JDT and see how they do it with their creation-wizards. I think the Java model already contains all the classes that are available and you can easily query that model to check if you class exists.

Kind regards,

-- artur
Previous Topic:Templates and Template Preferences
Next Topic:Get Class Location
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 10:57:41 GMT 2024