Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » MWE2 workflow can't find MANIFEST.MF(MWE2 workflow results in failed build as the MANIFEST.MF cannot be located.)
MWE2 workflow can't find MANIFEST.MF [message #673834] Tue, 24 May 2011 21:45 Go to next message
Otto  is currently offline Otto Friend
Hi,

I have created a XText Project as per the user guide, added my .xtext grammar file. Right clicked on the mwe2 file and run as -> MWE2 WorkFlow. It always fails to find the MANIFEST.MF file (See the output below). I work around this by manually copying the MANIFEST.MF file to the correct location. But I am curious why this happens? I would like to understand what I am doing wrong. I have tried this numerous times both on 1.0.0 of XText and 1.0.2 with the same result. Can anybody provide some insight?

0 [main] INFO lipse.emf.mwe.utils.StandaloneSetup - Registering platform uri 'C:\Work\OccultMongoose'
858 [main] INFO ipse.emf.mwe.utils.DirectoryCleaner - Cleaning C:\Work\OccultMongoose\eclipse_plugin\..\postilion.testharness.editor.eclipse.testharness\src-gen
868 [main] INFO ipse.emf.mwe.utils.DirectoryCleaner - Cleaning C:\Work\OccultMongoose\eclipse_plugin\..\postilion.testharness.editor.eclipse.testharness.ui\src-gen
1040 [main] INFO ipse.xtext.generator.LanguageConfig - generating infrastructure for postilion.testharness.editor.eclipse.TestHarness with fragments : ImplicitRuntimeFragment, ImplicitUiFragment, GrammarAccessFragment, EcoreGeneratorFragment, ParseTreeConstructorFragment, ResourceFactoryFragment, XtextAntlrGeneratorFragment, JavaValidatorFragment, ImportNamespacesScopingFragment, QualifiedNamesFragment, BuilderIntegrationFragment, FormatterFragment, LabelProviderFragment, TransformerFragment, OutlineNodeAdapterFactoryFragment, QuickOutlineFragment, QuickfixProviderFragment, JavaBasedContentAssistFragment, XtextAntlrUiGeneratorFragment
14940 [main] INFO or.validation.JavaValidatorFragment - executing generate for org.eclipse.xtext.generator.validation.JavaValidatorFragment
17944 [main] ERROR g.eclipse.xtext.generator.Generator - java.io.FileNotFoundException: ..\postilion.testharness.editor.eclipse.testharness\META-INF\MANIFEST.MF (The system cannot find the path specified)
org.eclipse.emf.common.util.WrappedException: java.io.FileNotFoundException: ..\postilion.testharness.editor.eclipse.testharness\META-INF\MANIFEST.MF (The system cannot find the path specified)
at org.eclipse.xtext.generator.Generator.mergeManifest(Generator.java:353)
at org.eclipse.xtext.generator.Generator.generateManifestRt(Generator.java:320)
at org.eclipse.xtext.generator.Generator.invokeInternal(Generator.java:115)
at org.eclipse.emf.mwe.core.lib.AbstractWorkflowComponent.invoke(AbstractWorkflowComponent.java:126)
at org.eclipse.emf.mwe.core.lib.Mwe2Bridge.invoke(Mwe2Bridge.java:34)
at org.eclipse.emf.mwe.core.lib.AbstractWorkflowComponent.invoke(AbstractWorkflowComponent.java:201)
at org.eclipse.emf.mwe2.runtime.workflow.AbstractCompositeWorkflowComponent.invoke(AbstractCompositeWorkflowComponent.java:31)
at org.eclipse.emf.mwe2.runtime.workflow.Workflow.run(Workflow.java:19)
at org.eclipse.emf.mwe2.launch.runtime.Mwe2Runner.run(Mwe2Runner.java:80)
at org.eclipse.emf.mwe2.launch.runtime.Mwe2Runner.run(Mwe2Runner.java:52)
at org.eclipse.emf.mwe2.launch.runtime.Mwe2Launcher.run(Mwe2Launcher.java:74)
at org.eclipse.emf.mwe2.launch.runtime.Mwe2Launcher.main(Mwe2Launcher.java:35)
Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: ..\postilion.testharness.editor.eclipse.testharness\META-INF\MANIFEST.MF (The system cannot find the path specified)
at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)
at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:106)
at org.eclipse.xtext.generator.Generator.mergeManifest(Generator.java:339)
... 11 more
17945 [main] INFO .emf.mwe2.runtime.workflow.Workflow - Done.

Regards,
Otto
Re: MWE2 workflow can't find MANIFEST.MF [message #673906 is a reply to message #673834] Wed, 25 May 2011 06:57 Go to previous message
Otto  is currently offline Otto Friend
I figured this one out. Very Happy

There is an assumption built into the initial setup. If you don't use the default location, the location must be the name of the project, else the initial setup gets confused.

For example if you name your project org.mydomain.mydsl and choose a location like C:\Work\mydsl then the generation won't work out of the box, and you will get the errors I mentioned above.

But if you choose the location as C:\Work\org.mydomain.mydsl then everything works well.

This assumption could probably have been documented better.

Previous Topic:Grammar rule with known/unknown reference.
Next Topic:Referencing in a &quot;fully qualified&quot; way
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Sep 25 06:41:33 GMT 2024