Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Need help to setup workspace to build BIRT
Need help to setup workspace to build BIRT [message #671860] Thu, 19 May 2011 08:07 Go to next message
Aaron Digulla is currently offline Aaron DigullaFriend
Hello,

I need some professional help to setup a workspace in which I can build the BIRT project (i.e. any plugin that starts with org.eclipse.birt + the feature sets)

Since this is for work, I can spend some bucks on this help.

So if you're a Java developer working on the source (not just on BIRT report designs), please reply.

Thanks a lot.
Re: Need help to setup workspace to build BIRT [message #671986 is a reply to message #671860] Thu, 19 May 2011 14:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend

Aaron,

When I build the source I always just start with the allinone BIRT
download. It has all the required files. If I want write source to add
a new chart type I add a few more options for EMF xsd sdk. But if you
do not plan on doing any EMF work the allinone is a good place to start.
Checkout and building is described here:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/BIRT/FAQ/Birt_Project#Q:_How_do_I_build_BIRT.3F

Jason

On 5/19/2011 4:07 AM, Aaron Digulla wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I need some professional help to setup a workspace in which I can build
> the BIRT project (i.e. any plugin that starts with org.eclipse.birt +
> the feature sets)
>
> Since this is for work, I can spend some bucks on this help.
>
> So if you're a Java developer working on the source (not just on BIRT
> report designs), please reply.
>
> Thanks a lot.
Re: Need help to setup workspace to build BIRT [message #673427 is a reply to message #671986] Mon, 23 May 2011 15:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby wrote on Thu, 19 May 2011 16:00
Aaron,

When I build the source I always just start with the allinone BIRT
download. It has all the required files. If I want write source to add
a new chart type I add a few more options for EMF xsd sdk. But if you
do not plan on doing any EMF work the allinone is a good place to start.
Checkout and building is described here:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/BIRT/FAQ/Birt_Project#Q:_How_do_I_build_BIRT.3F

Thanks, I followed the instructions and merged my patches into the code.

How do I build a new BIRT release from that? I.e. one which I can install into an Eclipse which already has BIRT 2.6.2 installed?

Aaron
Re: Need help to setup workspace to build BIRT [message #673437 is a reply to message #673427] Mon, 23 May 2011 16:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message

If you want to install into an existing eclipse why not just open the plugins you changed in the manifest editor and export the given plugins? The export wizard is on the first tab of the manifest editor (double click on the plugin.xml to open the manifest wizard.

Jason
Re: Need help to setup workspace to build BIRT [message #673580 is a reply to message #673437] Tue, 24 May 2011 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If I export individual plug-ins, how do I install them in the target Eclipse?

[Updated on: Tue, 24 May 2011 15:10]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Need help to setup workspace to build BIRT [message #673733 is a reply to message #673580] Tue, 24 May 2011 15:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Can you just copy and replace them?

Jason

On 5/24/2011 3:45 AM, Aaron Digulla wrote:
> If I export individual plug-ins, how do I install them in the target
> Eclipse?
Re: Need help to setup workspace to build BIRT [message #673746 is a reply to message #673733] Tue, 24 May 2011 15:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby wrote on Tue, 24 May 2011 17:12
Can you just copy and replace them?

Not really. For one, my qualifier is different and when I tried last time, Eclipse wasn't stable (either my changes weren't picked up or I got errors).

So my current solution is to unpack the plugins, strip the signing information from the MANIFEST.MF file, replace the changed classes, and package the plugin again with the same name.

That ... works.

But it's sort of a proof that PDE is a failure. I mean: PDE is used to build Eclipse plugins, features and even the whole Eclipse IDE. Why is it so hard to repeat that process outside of the Eclipse build servers? What magic are they using there that I'm missing?

Contrary example: When building things with Maven, I do "mvn install" and that's it. It just works. It downloads everything it needs automatically, runs all the tests to make sure I get what I expect, etc.

With PDE, I either fail to locate the main build file, I can't start it because some parameters are not set to useful defaults or the build fails in the 112th recursive Ant build file with an error like "Something is wrong." Sad

Which is why I came here with a very specific question: how does the BIRT build work?
Re: Need help to setup workspace to build BIRT [message #673786 is a reply to message #673746] Tue, 24 May 2011 17:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Aaron

Can you give me an example of a change you made. I want to try and
reproduce the issue to see what is happening.

Jason

On 5/24/2011 11:38 AM, Aaron Digulla wrote:
> Jason Weathersby wrote on Tue, 24 May 2011 17:12
>> Can you just copy and replace them?
>
>
> Not really. For one, my qualifier is different and when I tried last
> time, Eclipse wasn't stable (either my changes weren't picked up or I
> got errors).
>
> So my current solution is to unpack the plugins, strip the signing
> information from the MANIFEST.MF file, replace the changed classes, and
> package the plugin again with the same name.
>
> That ... works.
>
> But it's sort of a proof that PDE is a failure. I mean: PDE is used to
> build Eclipse plugins, features and even the whole Eclipse IDE. Why is
> it so hard to repeat that process outside of the Eclipse build servers?
> What magic are they using there that I'm missing?
>
> Contrary example: When building things with Maven, I do "mvn install"
> and that's it. It just works. It downloads everything it needs
> automatically, runs all the tests to make sure I get what I expect, etc.
>
> With PDE, I either fail to locate the main build file, I can't start it
> because some parameters are not set to useful defaults or the build
> fails in the 112th recursive Ant build file with an error like
> "Something is wrong." :(
>
> Which is why I came here with a very specific question: how does the
> BIRT build work?
Re: Need help to setup workspace to build BIRT [message #673935 is a reply to message #673746] Wed, 25 May 2011 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Xiaoying Gu is currently offline Xiaoying GuFriend
BIRT daily build was created by PDE script in headless mode based on feature definition. I think it's difficult for you to reproduce the complete build process since it composes of many customized packaging scripts. You can refer to the Readme.html under org.eclipse.birt.releng.birtbuilder plugin, which gives basic concept how BIRT build its featurs.

For building inside Eclipse for modified plugins/features, I think PDE export tools should have the complete ability to do the job.

As for the question "how to install exported plugins into target platform", I think there are 2 ways:
1. Copy the exported plugins into <Target Platform>/dropins/eclipse/plugins/ folder. But you need to make sure the exported plugin version is greater than the old one, which locates in your <Target Platform>/plugins/ directory. You can set the plugin version in export dialog.
2. You can choose to export a BIRT feature and create the P2 repository. In your target platform, you can choose to install the exported feature. This also can be achieved in PDE export tools.

Re: Need help to setup workspace to build BIRT [message #674284 is a reply to message #673935] Thu, 26 May 2011 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Thanks for chiming in. I feel that you understand what bugs me Smile

Xiaoying Gu wrote on Wed, 25 May 2011 10:30
BIRT daily build was created by PDE script in headless mode based on feature definition. I think it's difficult for you to reproduce the complete build process since it composes of many customized packaging scripts.

Exactly. But the nightly build is exactly what I'm looking for. Can you please help me to set this up?

Quote:
You can refer to the Readme.html under org.eclipse.birt.releng.birtbuilder plugin, which gives basic concept how BIRT build its featurs.

Thanks. One of the problems was to find out which build.xml was the root one. A couple of questions regarding this file:

- It was updated Dec 27, 2007 last time. Can you please have a quick look to see if anything major has changed. I'm pretty sure a JDK 1.4 isn't enough anymore Smile

- Then it talks about "Eclipse 3.4", "WTP 3.0/EMF2.4/GEF3.4 M5 builds and DTP latest 1.6 nightly builds" ... These must be outdated. Does the build download them? if not, how do I find out which versions I need now and how do I supply them?

- I checked the file build.properties. Would it be possible to move all common paths to a property?

- Can you copy the Readme.html into the Eclipse wiki to make it easier to update? I have Eclipse committer rights, so I could maintain that page as I make this work.

- Is the file "bootstrap.sh" still useful?

Quote:
For building inside Eclipse for modified plugins/features, I think PDE export tools should have the complete ability to do the job.

My problem with the PDE export is that it's not repeatable: I can't save the settings somewhere. So as soon as another developer needs to repeat my work, things get hairy. Especially since I'm unsure myself which option I need and what they all do.

For example: Do I have to specify a classifier?

Quote:
1. Copy the exported plugins into <Target Platform>/dropins/eclipse/plugins/ folder. But you need to make sure the exported plugin version is greater than the old one, which locates in your <Target Platform>/plugins/ directory. You can set the plugin version in export dialog.

I didn't try dropins because the BIRT feature contains specific references to plugin versions like: org.eclipse.birt:2.6.1.v20100813

So I did expect that Eclipse would load only this exact plugin and nothing else.

I will give this a try.

Quote:
2. You can choose to export a BIRT feature and create the P2 repository. In your target platform, you can choose to install the exported feature. This also can be achieved in PDE export tools.

Errr... I'm not sure what half of these words mean.

How do I export a BIRT feature? Specifically, what do I have to select in the workbench before I open the export dialog? What values do I have to supply in the export dialog?

"target platform": As I understand, a target platform is to tell Eclipse which plugins will be available when a plugin/feature is installed. Why would I want to install my exported feature there? I want to install it in a normal Eclipse installation.

Best regards,

A. Digulla
Re: Need help to setup workspace to build BIRT [message #674322 is a reply to message #674284] Thu, 26 May 2011 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Okay, I tried with the files in org.eclipse.birt.releng.birtbuilder.

The file build.properties doesn't look too promising since it contains "releng.230" and "dtp-1.6RC4-"...

But I replaced all "/home/adb" with "${user.home}". That's Ant, isn't it? But it doesn't work. For some reason, the variable isn't expanded Sad Absolute paths it is, then...

Next step in the Readme is to run a command under "org.eclipse.releng.basebuilder" to "build third party features which is need by BIRT". That command uses Java 1.4 ... and it needs org.eclipse.releng.basebuilder. I found that on :pserver:anonymous@dev.eclipse.org:/cvsroot/eclipse but there are about 100 different versions. Which one should I use?

I tried vM20100914-1003. Is that correct?

Then I had to modify the command a bit and add "builder.dir" to build.properties (-D doesn't work ....). What is builder.dir?

Here is the command I tried:

java -cp ../org.eclipse.releng.basebuilder/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.jar org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main -application org.eclipse.ant.core.antRunner -buildfile build.xml -propertyfile build.properties -Dcomponent=$PWD/eclipse/buildConfigs/birt.third.party -Dconfigs="*,*,*" -Djavacfailonerror=true -Dzipargs=-y -verbose |& tee log

which gave me this error:

java.io.FileNotFoundException: /home/adigulla/packages/birt/releng.230/src/fetch_org.eclipse.birt.thirdparty.xml

How do I fix that?

[Updated on: Thu, 26 May 2011 13:58]

Re: Need help to setup workspace to build BIRT [message #675982 is a reply to message #674284] Thu, 02 June 2011 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I see that you are trying to set up the headless nightly build of BIRT, not create a one-time patch plugin or feature.

Quote:
Thanks. One of the problems was to find out which build.xml was the root one. A couple of questions regarding this file:

The top-level build script of the daily build is bootstrap.sh and buildAll.xml, which we are using.
If you are trying to build the 2.6.2 stream BIRT, please check out the birtbuilder from BIRT_2_6_2_Branch.

Quote:
- Then it talks about "Eclipse 3.4", "WTP 3.0/EMF2.4/GEF3.4 M5 builds and DTP latest 1.6 nightly builds" ... These must be outdated. Does the build download them? if not, how do I find out which versions I need now and how do I supply them?

You can find these infos on the BIRT main download site(http://download.eclipse.org/birt/downloads/build_list.php). on each build download page, we list the Eclipse Project Dependencies projects versions and download URL. You should install the same projects version into the ${baseLocation} for your build environment.

Quote:
- I checked the file build.properties. Would it be possible to move all common paths to a property?

Common paths defined in build.properties should be changed to corresponding value of your build environment.

Quote:
- Is the file "bootstrap.sh" still useful?

yes.

Quote:
I didn't try dropins because the BIRT feature contains specific references to plugin versions like: org.eclipse.birt:2.6.1.v20100813

So I did expect that Eclipse would load only this exact plugin and nothing else.

Eclipse doesn't load plugins by version defined in features. It will always load the plugin that have the greater version suffix, no matter it locates under the plugins/ dir or dropins/*/eclipse/plugins/ dir.

[quote]How do I export a BIRT feature? Specifically, what do I have to select in the workbench before I open the export dialog? What values do I have to supply in the export dialog?[quote]
For exporting a feature, you should have the birt feature, for example, org.eclipse.birt.feature and your customized plugin, for example org.eclipse.birt.core in your workbench.
Then you could choose the feature project -> Export -> Plugin-Devlopement -> Deployable features
Else are same as plugin exporting. The exported contents contains p2-metadata and zipped up features and plugins.

Quote:
"target platform": As I understand, a target platform is to tell Eclipse which plugins will be available when a plugin/feature is installed. Why would I want to install my exported feature there? I want to install it in a normal Eclipse installation.

What I meant was you could provide the build in the form of p2 repository for end users. You could install your own features, which contains the modified plugins based on the original BIRT release build.

Re: Need help to setup workspace to build BIRT [message #675985 is a reply to message #674322] Thu, 02 June 2011 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:
I tried vM20100914-1003. Is that correct?

I think it should work for the build tasks you need.

Quote:
java.io.FileNotFoundException: /home/adigulla/packages/birt/releng.230/src/fetch_org.eclipse.birt.thirdparty.xml

I'm not sure which BIRT were you trying to build. Were you using the corresponding release version of org.eclipse.birt.releng.birtbuilder?
If so, please attach the full log file.

The build process should first checkout the map files (org.eclipse.birt.releng)into src/maps/ folder, which contains the CVS path for all features and plugins. You could check the ${buildDirectory} to see if map files were checkout successfully first.
Re: Need help to setup workspace to build BIRT [message #676224 is a reply to message #671860] Fri, 03 June 2011 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for your long answer. I tried to build BIRT using bootstrap.sh but I failed.

There are many problems with this script:

* The CVS command near the top works on the branch "BIRT_2_6_1_Branch" but the checkout is from 2.6.2.

* There are two "build dir" variables: builderDir and buildDirectory. They don't have the same value, one can be set from the command line, the other has a fixed value. And buildDirectory seems obsolete (it's only used in an echo command). Please check.

* There are many places where "/home/adb/releng.260" is used. Why don't you use a common variable like "workDir" here? Or how about "$HOME/releng.260"?

* The scripts contains internal IP addresses like 192.168.218.218.

* The script replaceBuildInfo.sh doesn't do anything useful: It creates a file, does "sed file > file" (which probably doesn't work as you expect) and then deletes the file.

* Where can I find releng.dtp.182/dtpURLmonitor.properties?

I could fix all of those with a small script that replaces those strings with something that works for me, but now, I've run into a big problem: Many files contain ":ext:xgu":

- $builderDir/directory.txt
- $builderDir/fetch_org.eclipse.birt.sdk.xml
- $builderDir/build/retrieve.xml
- $builderDir/maps/source/org.eclipse.birt.releng/maps/*

How can I fix those files? From what I can see, those are checked out from CVS. The checkout happens somewhere deep in the ANT scripts, so there is no way I can fix those files from my "fix script".

My current solution is to start the script, wait for the error, then fix the CVSROOTs in the map files and start the build a second time.

Now I get an error for this URL: http://build-birt/software/platform/orbit-S20100519200754-Helios/bundles/org.apache.batik.bridge_1.6.0.v200912221622.jar

This probably works on your machine because someone edited /etc/hosts on the build server but what should I do? Again, this string comes from map files. Which URL can I use? I couldn't find a way to get single bundles from the orbit download site.
Re: Need help to setup workspace to build BIRT [message #676228 is a reply to message #676224] Fri, 03 June 2011 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm a small step further: I've replaced the file orbit_bundles.map with http://download.eclipse.org/tools/orbit/downloads/drops/R20100519200754/orbitBundles-R20100519200754.map
Re: Need help to setup workspace to build BIRT [message #676244 is a reply to message #676228] Fri, 03 June 2011 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Another problem with the bootstrap.sh script: It needs JAVA_HOME but doesn't use it. The paths to the Java versions are hard coded Sad
Re: Need help to setup workspace to build BIRT [message #676761 is a reply to message #675985] Mon, 06 June 2011 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
During Friday and today, I've been able to fix or work around many of the issues mentioned in the previous posts.

If possible, please fix the mentioned issues in the scripts and map files.

I've come up with the attached script which automates the process of downloading everything you need to build BIRT and run the build.

It eventually fails because of missing dependencies:

[eclipse.buildScript] Bundle org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.core:
[eclipse.buildScript]   Missing required plug-in org.apache.batik.transcoder_[1.6.0,2.0.0).

The plugin isn't in the list of build requisites. Instead, I found this in the $workDir/build/plugins/ folder:

org.apache.batik.transcoder_1.7.0.v200903091627.jar

It seems that the JAR is fetched from CVS instead of the complete bundle.

Please see the attached log file for details. How do I fix this?
  • Attachment: adb.log.gz
    (Size: 52.50KB, Downloaded 312 times)
  • Attachment: build.sh
    (Size: 6.81KB, Downloaded 293 times)
Re: Need help to setup workspace to build BIRT [message #677012 is a reply to message #676761] Tue, 07 June 2011 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:
Instead, I found this in the $workDir/build/plugins/ folder:

I can not read the adb.log after gunzip the adb.log.gz file.
It's correct that all *batik* plugins locate under the ${buildDirectory}/plugins ($workDir/build/plugins/). They are part of birt feature defination, so they will be downloaded into ${buildDirectory}/plugins in each build just like other BIRT plugins.

I'm not sure why this jar cannot be found during your build. Could you please check the map file that if the URL is defined correctly for this orbit bundle?

And thanks again for your patch. I will submit a bug in the Bugzilla to enhance the top-level build script.
Re: Need help to setup workspace to build BIRT [message #677013 is a reply to message #677012] Tue, 07 June 2011 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:
* The CVS command near the top works on the branch "BIRT_2_6_1_Branch" but the checkout is from 2.6.2.

Branch 'BIRT_2_6_1_Branch' is used for building the BIRT 2.6.2 release.
Re: Need help to setup workspace to build BIRT [message #677053 is a reply to message #677012] Tue, 07 June 2011 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Xiaoying Gu wrote on Tue, 07 June 2011 12:21
Quote:
Instead, I found this in the $workDir/build/plugins/ folder:

I can not read the adb.log after gunzip the adb.log.gz file.

Somehow, it was compressed twice during upload. Just run gunzip again.

It's correct that all *batik* plugins locate under the ${buildDirectory}/plugins ($workDir/build/plugins/). They are part of birt feature defination, so they will be downloaded into ${buildDirectory}/plugins in each build just like other BIRT plugins.

I'm not sure why this jar cannot be found during your build. Could you please check the map file that if the URL is defined correctly for this orbit bundle?

Can you try to run my build script? I've created a slightly better version (attached) which should allow anyone to build BIRT from the sources. You will have to define two variables (see the comments near the top of the file) and it should work for you, too.

Note that you need to run the script *twice*; it will fail the first time because of bad map files.

My guess is that the new map files have a bug.

The orbit map file is the official map file for the orbit release R20100519200754: http://download.eclipse.org/tools/orbit/downloads/drops/R20100519200754/orbitBundles-R20100519200754.map

And thanks again for your patch. I will submit a bug in the Bugzilla to enhance the top-level build script.

Great. Please post the link here!
  • Attachment: build.sh
    (Size: 7.41KB, Downloaded 445 times)
Re: Need help to setup workspace to build BIRT [message #684191 is a reply to message #677053] Wed, 15 June 2011 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yong Jiang is currently offline Yong JiangFriend
Hi, Digulla
I used your atttached script.
But I can't reproduce your issue, I can generate birt framework package.
Re: Need help to setup workspace to build BIRT [message #684948 is a reply to message #684191] Thu, 16 June 2011 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yong Jiang wrote on Wed, 15 June 2011 09:56
Hi, Digulla
I used your atttached script.
But I can't reproduce your issue, I can generate birt framework package.

Excellent Smile So there must be a difference between your build and mine.

One obvious thing is that I'm missing "releng.dtp.182/dtpURLmonitor.properties". Can you send me this file, please?
(no subject) [message #684962 is a reply to message #684191] Thu, 16 June 2011 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yong Jiang wrote on Wed, 15 June 2011 09:56
> Hi, Digulla
> I used your atttached script.
> But I can't reproduce your issue, I can generate birt framework package.

Excellent :) So there must be a difference between your build and mine.

One obvious thing is that I'm missing "releng.dtp.182/dtpURLmonitor.properties". Can you send me this file, please?
Re: (no subject) [message #685238 is a reply to message #684948] Fri, 17 June 2011 05:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

I think you don't need the dtpURLmonitor.properties file at all. This is a property file only used for uploading our build.
You can just comment out this "cp releng.dtp.182/dtpURLmonitor.properties ..." from bootstrap.sh
Re: (no subject) [message #685290 is a reply to message #685238] Fri, 17 June 2011 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=349651 has been filed for the build scripts enhancement
Re: (no subject) [message #690905 is a reply to message #685290] Thu, 30 June 2011 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I' now looking at BIRT 3.7 because it already contains a lot of fixes and I really like the new POJO runtime.

Is the source code already available via Git? If so, can you please tell me the URL? If not, when will it be available?

How do you create the huge org.eclipse.birt.runtime_3.7.0.v20110615-1818.jar? Is that compiled from a single project or do you merge the individual BIRT JARs into one file?
Re: (no subject) [message #699864 is a reply to message #690905] Fri, 22 July 2011 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ping?
Re: (no subject) [message #700240 is a reply to message #690905] Sat, 23 July 2011 03:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The org.eclipse.birt.runtime was created based on individule BIRT jars.
Please refer to http://wiki.eclipse.org/BIRT/FAQ/Birt_Project#Q:_How_do_I_export_org.eclipse.birt.report.runtime_jar_for_3.7_BIRT_web_viewer.3F

Hope it can helps.
Automated build of BIRT 4.2.2 from git [message #1074187 is a reply to message #700240] Fri, 26 July 2013 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leonid Marushevskiy is currently offline Leonid MarushevskiyFriend
Good day!
Also need help with BIRT build.
I have local fork of BIRT 4.2.2 from git http://git.eclipse.org/c/birt/org.eclipse.birt.git and make some needed code changes.
Now I try expand automated build process for modified BIRT version. It is necessary to build a complete distribution. Especially I need eсlipse plugins.

I have studied the documentation
http://wiki.eclipse.org/BIRT/FAQ/Birt_Project#Q:_How_to_Build_BIRT_3.7.1.2B_from_GIT.3F

also look into org.eclipse.birt.releng.birtbuilder\Readme.html

but it seems like manuals are outdated.

Please help with direction to go. May be exist some fresh documentation.

[Updated on: Mon, 29 July 2013 05:59]

Re: Automated build of BIRT 4.2.2 from git [message #1181623 is a reply to message #1074187] Mon, 11 November 2013 18:28 Go to previous message
g g is currently offline g gFriend
Hi,

I am trying to do code build as per steps mentioned in
http://wiki.eclipse.org/BIRT/FAQ/Birt_Project#Q:_How_to_Build_BIRT_3.7.1.2B_from_GIT.3F. I am using Java JDK 1.7 and EE JRE7.

A. code build for eclipse BIRT4.2.2 reporting code
I am trying to do BIRT4.2.2 code build as per instructions.
I took the BIRT 4.2.2 from Git and trying to compile it, I get error '
Referenced element 'enablement' is not defined' for elementAdapters.exsd /org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.ui/schema (line 92 Plug-in Problem)
reportItemEditpart.exsd /org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.ui/schema (line 51 Plug-in Problem).

Is this problem resolved in BIRT code 4.2.2 or I have to follow steps in https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=310987.
Is it necessary to take code from BIRT-All-in-one and not from the git.

B. Create BIRT Viewer
I tried to follow steps mentioned in URL above, but found that viewservlets.jar is not getting generated under \WebInf\lib though I get other messages as written.

I get message "build successful" at the end of process. So how to create jar viewservlets.jar in webinf/lib folder.

C. How do I export org.eclipse.birt.report.runtime jar for 4.2.2 BIRT web viewer?

The birt runtime jar is getting created by following the steps mentioned in FAQ.

But I try to deploy it in apache tomcat server 7.0.35, its not getting deployed and get error stack as follows:
INFO: Deploying web application archive C:\apache-tomcat-7.0.35\webapps\birt.war
Nov 10, 2013 11:20:00 PM org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase addChildInternal
SEVERE: ContainerBase.addChild: start:
org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: Failed to start component [StandardEngine[Catalina].StandardHost[localhost].StandardContext[/birt]]
at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:154)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:901)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:877)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:633)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWAR(HostConfig.java:977)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig$DeployWar.run(HostConfig.java:1655)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.SecurityException: Invalid signature file digest for Manifest main attributes
at sun.security.util.SignatureFileVerifier.processImpl(Unknown Source)
at sun.security.util.SignatureFileVerifier.process(Unknown Source)
at java.util.jar.JarVerifier.processEntry(Unknown Source)
at java.util.jar.JarVerifier.update(Unknown Source)
at java.util.jar.JarFile.initializeVerifier(Unknown Source)
at java.util.jar.JarFile.getInputStream(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.scan.FileUrlJar.getEntryInputStream(FileUrlJar.java:97)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.processAnnotationsJar(ContextConfig.java:1980)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.processAnnotationsUrl(ContextConfig.java:1947)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.processAnnotations(ContextConfig.java:1932)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.webConfig(ContextConfig.java:1326)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.configureStart(ContextConfig.java:878)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.lifecycleEvent(ContextConfig.java:369)
at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:119)
at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleBase.java:90)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:5179)
at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:150)
... 11 more

Nov 10, 2013 11:20:00 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig deployWAR
SEVERE: Error deploying web application archive C:\apache-tomcat-7.0.35\webapps\birt.war
java.lang.IllegalStateException: ContainerBase.addChild: start: org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: Failed to start component [StandardEngine[Catalina].StandardHost[localhost].StandardContext[/birt]]
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:904)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:877)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:633)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWAR(HostConfig.java:977)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig$DeployWar.run(HostConfig.java:1655)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Need your help to rectify the errors. Pls. send me document link if its available for latest BIRT release.

Regards,
G
Previous Topic:Rotate Text or Label (vertical text)
Next Topic:IllegalArgumentException: The 'no null' constraint is violated
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 05:59:45 GMT 2024