Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » java.lang.SecurityException: Invalid signature file digest for Manifest main attributes(org.eclipse.xtext.xtext.ui.examples_1.0.2.v201102150722.jar)
java.lang.SecurityException: Invalid signature file digest for Manifest main attributes [message #671718] Wed, 18 May 2011 19:15 Go to next message
js Missing name is currently offline js Missing nameFriend
I am using buckmeister to build a p2 site with xtext. But I cannot build the p2 site because I get an error related to the org.eclipse.xtext.xtext.ui.examples_1.0.2.v201102150722.jar:

Caused by: org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Unable to read C:\buck_test\project\site\org.eclipse.xtext.xtext.ui.examples_1.0.2-osgi.bundle\jar\org.eclipse.xtext.xtext.ui.examples_1.0.2.v201102150722.jar
	at org.eclipse.buckminster.runtime.BuckminsterException.fromMessage(BuckminsterException.java:57)
	at org.eclipse.buckminster.pde.tasks.GroupConsolidator.getInput(GroupConsolidator.java:148)
	at org.eclipse.buckminster.pde.tasks.GroupConsolidator.<init>(GroupConsolidator.java:205)
	at org.eclipse.buckminster.pde.tasks.FeatureConsolidator.<init>(FeatureConsolidator.java:40)
	at org.eclipse.buckminster.pde.ant.FeatureConsolidatorTask.execute(FeatureConsolidatorTask.java:90)
	... 28 more
Caused by: java.lang.SecurityException: Invalid signature file digest for Manifest main attributes
	at sun.security.util.SignatureFileVerifier.processImpl(SignatureFileVerifier.java:221)
	at sun.security.util.SignatureFileVerifier.process(SignatureFileVerifier.java:176)
	at java.util.jar.JarVerifier.processEntry(JarVerifier.java:245)
	at java.util.jar.JarVerifier.update(JarVerifier.java:199)
	at java.util.jar.JarFile.initializeVerifier(JarFile.java:323)
	at java.util.jar.JarFile.getInputStream(JarFile.java:388)
	at org.eclipse.buckminster.pde.tasks.GroupConsolidator.getInput(GroupConsolidator.java:135)
	... 31 more

I have found out that the error comes the plugin:

org.eclipse.xtext.xtext.ui.examples_1.0.2.v201102150722.jar

which seems to have a corrupt manifest file. If I run jarsigner on the jar I get:

jarsigner -verify org.eclipse.xtext.xtext.ui.examples_1.0.2.v201102150722.jar
jarsigner: java.lang.SecurityException: Invalid signature file digest for Manifest main attributes

I have discussed this problem on the buckmeister forum:

http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/209400/

and was recommended to make a post in this group instead. Are there any chance that the jar will be fixed or is there an alternative source where a valid jar can be found?
Re: java.lang.SecurityException: Invalid signature file digest for Manifest main attributes [message #671749 is a reply to message #671718] Wed, 18 May 2011 21:08 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by:

Hi js,
are you using the p2.repository or the update site zip?
I've tried our zipped p2 repository [1] and it works:

jarsigner -verify
/Users/huebner/Downloads/tmf-xtext-Update-1.0.2/plugins/org.eclipse.xtext.xtext.ui.examples_1.0.2.v201102150722.jar

jar verified.

Best regards,
Dennis.

[1]
http://www.eclipse.org/modeling/download.php?file=/modeling/tmf/xtext/downloads/drops/1.0.2/R201102150722/tmf-xtext-Update-1.0.2.zip

Am 18.05.11 21:15, schrieb js:
> I am using buckmeister to build a p2 site with xtext. But I cannot build
> the p2 site because I get an error related to the
> org.eclipse.xtext.xtext.ui.examples_1.0.2.v201102150722.jar:
>
>
> Caused by: org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Unable to read
> C:\buck_test\project\site\org.eclipse.xtext.xtext.ui.examples_1.0.2-osgi.bundle\jar\org.eclipse.xtext.xtext.ui.examples_1.0.2.v201102150722.jar
>
> at
> org.eclipse.buckminster.runtime.BuckminsterException.fromMessage(BuckminsterException.java:57)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.buckminster.pde.tasks.GroupConsolidator.getInput(GroupConsolidator.java:148)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.buckminster.pde.tasks.GroupConsolidator.<init>(GroupConsolidator.java:205)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.buckminster.pde.tasks.FeatureConsolidator.<init>(FeatureConsolidator.java:40)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.buckminster.pde.ant.FeatureConsolidatorTask.execute(FeatureConsolidatorTask.java:90)
>
> ... 28 more
> Caused by: java.lang.SecurityException: Invalid signature file digest
> for Manifest main attributes
> at
> sun.security.util.SignatureFileVerifier.processImpl(SignatureFileVerifier.java:221)
>
> at
> sun.security.util.SignatureFileVerifier.process(SignatureFileVerifier.java:176)
>
> at java.util.jar.JarVerifier.processEntry(JarVerifier.java:245)
> at java.util.jar.JarVerifier.update(JarVerifier.java:199)
> at java.util.jar.JarFile.initializeVerifier(JarFile.java:323)
> at java.util.jar.JarFile.getInputStream(JarFile.java:388)
> at
> org.eclipse.buckminster.pde.tasks.GroupConsolidator.getInput(GroupConsolidator.java:135)
>
> ... 31 more
>
>
> I have found out that the error comes the plugin:
>
> org.eclipse.xtext.xtext.ui.examples_1.0.2.v201102150722.jar
>
> which seems to have a corrupt manifest file. If I run jarsigner on the
> jar I get:
>
>