Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Accessing a Project Resource in Project's root directory(How can we access a file, say an XML DTD, stored in Project's root?)
Accessing a Project Resource in Project's root directory [message #670947] Mon, 16 May 2011 10:38
Saurabh  is currently offline Saurabh Friend
Hi,

I am preparing a Graphical Editor in Eclipse using GEF/draw2d. I am facing a basic problem.

The palette I want to show the User, should be different for different types of Diagrams. I want to store the mapping of Palette entries in an XML kind format in a file, which "should not be" the part of Workspace, but the Project folder.

However, I am not able to find the way I can access a folder or a file present in the Root directory or the src directory of the folder.

I know I need to use IProjectDescription and/or IProject objects for that, but I am not getting a handle on how to get the objects of the same. My other concern is, when I wrap up my code finally as a zip or jar file, will my code still have access to the file or not?

I am sure its a trivial problem, but can anyone help me with a short snippet of Code (or a link which guides me) to do the same.

Thanks in advance,
Saurabh Srivastava
Previous Topic:Plugin Installtion
Next Topic:Curved tabs for Eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Sep 24 07:54:35 GMT 2024