Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Java EE Module Dependencies problem(Adding a library project to an EAR project inexplicably adds the EAR project to the library's build path)
Java EE Module Dependencies problem [message #670433] Sat, 14 May 2011 03:45
Mart  is currently offline Mart Friend

I have a simple scenario with two projects:

- MyJavaLib which is a simple java library used in many applications

- MyEnterpriseApp which is an enterprise application that uses the MyJavaLib library.

My understanding is that in order to include the MyJavaLib.jar file in the application, I have to go to the Java EE Module Dependencies section of the MyEnterpriseApp and click the checkbox next to the MyJavaLib library.

This however has the nasty side effect of also adding the MyEnterpriseApp project to the library's build path. I can safely remove it again afterwards without adverse consequences, but why does eclipse do that? If the application uses lots of projects, I have to go into each one manually and remove the application from its build path.

From what I have seen the whole dependency handling thing in eclipse seems to be a bit of a dog's breakfast. Am I using the wrong approach? I haven't been able to find any discussion on this topic in any tutorials, and eclipse help doesn't explain it either.

Thanks
Martin
Previous Topic:No Contents section in New Java Project wizard
Next Topic:Deploy into a Glassfish v3 virtual host
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 11:22:57 GMT 2024