Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Version numbers not being recognised when deploying from eclipse / STS
Version numbers not being recognised when deploying from eclipse / STS [message #668159] Wed, 04 May 2011 08:45 Go to next message
Missing name Mising name is currently offline Missing name Mising nameFriend
Hiya.

I've got several bundles that I'm trying to deploy to VWS from springsource tool suite.

All my bundles are version 1.1.0, but when I deploy it, sometimes this is not recognised. I get logs like:

Installing par 'my par' version '0.0.0'.
Installing bundle 'some-bundle' version '0.0.0'.
Installing bundle 'some-other-bundle' version '1.1.0'.
Installing bundle 'another-bundle' version '0.0.0'.

It then fails, because it looks for the manifests in the staging folders with the wrong version numbers.

This only happens sometimes, and it's pretty random which ones it happens to.

If I build it with maven and copy the par into the pickup folder, it works fine.

What's going on here? I don't even know where to start looking.

Thanks for any help.
Re: Version numbers not being recognised when deploying from eclipse / STS [message #672011 is a reply to message #668159] Thu, 19 May 2011 15:03 Go to previous message
Martin Lippert is currently offline Martin LippertFriend
Hey!

I am not sure what exactly is going wrong here, but I could imagine that the generation of the MANIFEST.MF file via the tooling is not working properly in your case. Do you automatically generate that MANIFEST.MF file via a template.mf? If so, you should not modify the MANIFEST.MF file manually, but let the tooling generate it for you. But I am not sure if that is really the problem in your case, but I would look into this direction. If that doesn't help, create a small sample project that reproduces the problem and attach that to a bugzilla entry for the tooling component of the Virgo project here at Eclipse. That would be great!

Thanks!
-Martin
(no subject) [message #672014 is a reply to message #668159] Thu, 19 May 2011 15:03 Go to previous message
Martin Lippert is currently offline Martin LippertFriend
Hey!

I am not sure what exactly is going wrong here, but I could imagine that the generation of the MANIFEST.MF file via the tooling is not working properly in your case. Do you automatically generate that MANIFEST.MF file via a template.mf? If so, you should not modify the MANIFEST.MF file manually, but let the tooling generate it for you. But I am not sure if that is really the problem in your case, but I would look into this direction. If that doesn't help, create a small sample project that reproduces the problem and attach that to a bugzilla entry for the tooling component of the Virgo project here at Eclipse. That would be great!

Thanks!
-Martin
Previous Topic:Problem with migrating bundles to Virgo
Next Topic:Comparison between Virgo and WAS 7
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 21:25:50 GMT 2024