Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Creation of new Project error in rcp(Creation of new Project error in rcp)
Creation of new Project error in rcp [message #667564] Fri, 29 April 2011 14:51 Go to next message
Santhosh Hari is currently offline Santhosh HariFriend
Hi,

I tried configuring an rcp as AUT in Jubula.Then wrote a test case where I will create a new eclipse project and perform certain operations.Here I used from Component with Text Input from libray to enter the new project name in the text field.It just enters the first letter alone and then terminates in a error.
"timeout received before confirming the posted event",this is the error i m getting,

Can any one suggest how can i give the complete name for the project and click on finish next ...

Thanks,
Santhosh
Re: Creation of new Project error in rcp [message #667567 is a reply to message #667564] Fri, 29 April 2011 15:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi Santhosh,

My first thought is that the test execution is maybe too fast. You could try slowing it down by entering a step delay for the test suite. You can also make the test generally more robust by having a module that waits for the component, checks it is enabled and then does the replace text (I assume you are using replace text?).

If none of these suggestions help, then it would be great if you could provide some more information:

- What OS are you working on?
- Which version of Eclipse RCP are you using?
- Does the timeout occur all the time or just sometimes?
- Is it always after the first letter, or sometimes after other letters?
- Do you still get the timeout if you change the data you're entering to a different project name?
Re: Creation of new Project error in rcp [message #667637 is a reply to message #667567] Sat, 30 April 2011 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Santhosh Hari is currently offline Santhosh HariFriend
Thanks .I tried with Replace Text option it is working now. Now I want to change a value of a Object in Properties Window(Some window similar to how we change the parameter value for our library test case).If I select that object, and try configuring the value in the combo for that particular object it is failing there.

I recorded the code using observing mode and it gave select by combo option.

Also I m not able to save the test suite or test case to the local file system.Can you please let me know is it possible to save the test suites into local file system.If yes,then how.?

As I m new here ,pls elaborate or provide me any link where can I understand the usage of database concept in jubula.I have created a test suite and saved it under a version name , but how to reload the already done test suite project again from the database?

for details reg the RCP:

RCP version :Eclipse Helios

[Updated on: Sat, 30 April 2011 09:18]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Creation of new Project error in rcp [message #667769 is a reply to message #667637] Mon, 02 May 2011 07:22 Go to previous message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi Santhosh,

I'm glad that works now.

Combo boxes in properties windows often need to be activated before something can be selected from them. You may need a module that e.g. selects the cell the combo box is in (one or two clicks - see which works robustly) then actually selects the entry from the combo. You may need to confirm the selection with enter.
As with other recurring sequences, I would really recommend making a reusable module to do this: the likelihood you'll need it again and again is high.

A couple of notes on recording:

- We do have the observation mode in Jubula, but we strongly recommend that if you do use it, that you take the time to make sure your tests are well-structured, robust and readable. We have a blog post on this topic:

http://bxapps.bredex.de/blog/?p=703

And there are some tips in the user manual in chapters:

As to information on the database:

Your project containing all test cases, data, AUT configurations and test results is saved in the database. You can import and export projects in XML format. Importing / exporting single test suites is not possible.

More information on working with projects is in the user manual in chapter 3.4. This chapter deals with creation, editing, opening, importing and exporting as well as other options for projects.

Alex
Previous Topic:Jubula Webinar - Mar. 7
Next Topic:Version 0.9: first steps cheat sheet error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 26 12:54:42 GMT 2024