Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Equinox » Classpath Question(classpath file vs. manifest)
icon5.gif  Classpath Question [message #667421] Thu, 28 April 2011 15:30 Go to next message
C. Lamont Gilbert is currently offline C. Lamont GilbertFriend
Its been a couple of years since I worked on my project. I am trying to start it up again but am facing some errors. I don't know if I left it in this state, or if I am using the wrong IDE or what.

My project is a plugin project. Its a feature. It uses a library jar file. Presently, that jar file is only listed in the mainfest under Bundle-classpath. That is located on the Runtime tab of the manifest under classpath. (when using the manifest editor)

This causes the library to be unavailable to the compiling environment and references to classes in the jar file are errored. If I add the jar file to the project's Libraries under "Java Build Path", all is well.

The IDE seems to get everything it needs from the manifest, but for some reason it does not take this library from there. Do I have to add this library to the java build path, thus creating a .classpath file in my project, or is there something else I am missing?

Is this the best forum to ask this question?
Re: Classpath Question [message #668196 is a reply to message #667421] Wed, 04 May 2011 13:00 Go to previous message
Thomas Watson is currently offline Thomas WatsonFriend
This question is better suited in the PDE forum since PDE controls the classpath in the IDE for compiling code. I would try to remove and add the library again with the PDE manifest editor.
Previous Topic:ConfigurationAdmin not working
Next Topic:Eclipse can not pick up the upgraded bundle through link file in dropins folder
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 04:14:52 GMT 2024