Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Asterisk Input - resolves to ".classpath"(Problem when asterisk placed in Run Configurations > Arguments tab)
Asterisk Input - resolves to ".classpath" [message #665014] Tue, 12 April 2011 20:08 Go to next message
No real name is currently offline No real nameFriend
I'm creating a simple calculator application for a Java course I'm taking. A mathematical expression is fed to the main() method by means of Run > Run Configurations > Arguments tab. On the Arguments tab, I've entered the below (with spaces between each character):
7 * 5 =

The app is looping over each character in the String [ ] args, and it breaks when it gets to the asterisk. For some reason, the value of the asterisk character string is resolving to ".classpath".

To illustrate, while debugging I output the value of each character within the loop:
System.out.println(_strCharacter);

And get this result:
.classpath
=

Is this expected behavior? Should I be escaping the asterisk or doing something special to it?

Thanks,
CM
Re: Asterisk Input - resolves to ".classpath" [message #665049 is a reply to message #665014] Wed, 13 April 2011 06:22 Go to previous message
Satyam Kandula is currently offline Satyam KandulaFriend
The OS could be resolving the asterisk to the list of files in the working directory. Yes, you need to escape it.
Previous Topic:Eclipse EE doesnot start at all
Next Topic:Remove qualifiers of a qualified name node
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 06:56:44 GMT 2024