Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Remote Application Platform (RAP) » Problem with System.out of ECF chat over RAP
Problem with System.out of ECF chat over RAP [message #664917] Tue, 12 April 2011 13:48 Go to next message
Peter Boccia is currently offline Peter BocciaFriend
Hi all,

Again with a little question: as you read in my last post ( http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php?t=msg&goto=66490 4&S=c9f9be16aff73cad0f1a5f8ee13b1a3b#msg_664904), I set a multi line Text like a console in my RAP application (a really simple chat that use ECF).
Now every app has a console that receive all the message by the other client.
But now came a strange problem: when I launch a new servlet the console of the others doesn't receive all the new sent messages. It's seems to me that all the output (redirected at the beginning of the application in the Text) have sent to the last instanciated Text.

Really strange, huh? Can you help me?
Maybe I don't have to redirect the output, but should I give to each client's SharedObject (class for the communication in ECF) a reference to his own Text?

Thanks Wink
Danke shoen...

Peter
Re: Problem with System.out of ECF chat over RAP [message #665200 is a reply to message #664917] Wed, 13 April 2011 15:55 Go to previous message
Peter Boccia is currently offline Peter BocciaFriend
Hi all,

I answer myself:
All the client print in the last instanciated Text just because I don't set the session id and RAP run like there is only one Text in which write: the last.

But now, I never set the session ID. How can I make it?
I need it before it's too late! Sad

Help me!
--
Peter

Peter Boccia wrote on Tue, 12 April 2011 09:48
Hi all,

Again with a little question: as you read in my last post ( http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php?t=msg&goto=66490 4&S=c9f9be16aff73cad0f1a5f8ee13b1a3b#msg_664904), I set a multi line Text like a console in my RAP application (a really simple chat that use ECF).
Now every app has a console that receive all the message by the other client.
But now came a strange problem: when I launch a new servlet the console of the others doesn't receive all the new sent messages. It's seems to me that all the output (redirected at the beginning of the application in the Text) have sent to the last instanciated Text.

Really strange, huh? Can you help me?
Maybe I don't have to redirect the output, but should I give to each client's SharedObject (class for the communication in ECF) a reference to his own Text?

Thanks Wink
Danke shoen...

Peter

Previous Topic:Job Api
Next Topic:Button BackgroundImage scaled
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 15:23:26 GMT 2024