Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » Creation of .jar file of a Dynamic Web Project when building the project
Creation of .jar file of a Dynamic Web Project when building the project [message #664367] Fri, 08 April 2011 14:58 Go to next message
Mathew Jacob is currently offline Mathew JacobFriend
When building a dynamic web project, it automatically compiles the java files and keeps it in build\classes directory. Now when i publish this in tomcat from server tab it correctly copies the class files to WEB-INF\classes directory.

But instead of copying the class files to WEB-INF\classes directory, I want this project to create a jar file and place it in WEB-INF\lib directory. Can anyone help me how this is achieved. I hope I am asking in the right forum.
Re: Creation of .jar file of a Dynamic Web Project when building the project [message #664404 is a reply to message #664367] Fri, 08 April 2011 16:26 Go to previous message
Konstantin Komissarchik is currently offline Konstantin KomissarchikFriend
This is the correct forum.

Create a Java EE Utility project and move your java source code there. Then add this project to your web project's build path. Then go to web project's project properties. On the deployment assembly page add classpath entry to the assembly. The default location will be WEB-INF/lib.

- Konstantin
Previous Topic:Adding deployment info to J2EE Preview server: realms/users and env-entry
Next Topic:Creating Eclipse Dynamic Web Project from Maven
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 00:08:57 GMT 2024