Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » (Resolved) Executable Jar Problem(Cannot seem to get executable jar to work..)
icon5.gif  (Resolved) Executable Jar Problem [message #663641] Wed, 06 April 2011 01:33 Go to next message
Bryan  is currently offline Bryan Friend
Hello All,

I am having a little problem with my Java project that I cannot figure out. I have my project set up as shown in the picture below. I am trying to make an executable jar, but every time I try to export it, it does not include the text and sound files that I have in the project. When I do add them to the jar manually, the jar never runs successfully. Can anyone help me with this?

[Update: Nevermind, I have resolved this issue, I simply switched everything over to URLs and it worked.]

[Updated on: Wed, 06 April 2011 06:31]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Executable Jar Problem [message #663644 is a reply to message #663641] Wed, 06 April 2011 02:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am guessing the solution to my problem lies in how to reference a text file when you are wanting to read from it in a jar file. Right now I just reference the file itself and the program runs just fine in Eclipse, but how to I reference so that it pulls correctly when it is the Jar?
icon10.gif  Re: Executable Jar Problem [message #663664 is a reply to message #663644] Wed, 06 April 2011 06:32 Go to previous message
Nevermind, I have resolved this issue, I simply switched everything over to URLs and it worked
Previous Topic:How to activate Add Book Mark to epic
Next Topic:Add comment to existing java file?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 07:09:14 GMT 2024