Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » Property View problem
Property View problem [message #663473] Tue, 05 April 2011 09:11
Darie Moldovan is currently offline Darie MoldovanFriend
Hello all,

here's a strange behaviour of the Property View of Eclipse. I integrated two editors - an Xtext editor with a classical GMF editor, like it is described here. But this is not the reason I'm writing here. I just wanted you to understand the context.

Suppose I have an object of type Shape in my diagram, which can be connected to itself or to one or more Shape objects through a "supports" connection. In the Property View, I added the possibility to choose between the existing Shape objects. It looks something like that.

The problem is that if I set from the Property View a new value for the supports attribute, eg. ObjA supports ObjB, this change is not visible in the diagram. Not even if I save the diagram with Ctrl+S! Closing the diagram and opening it again does not work either. The only thing which works is if I drag a random element in the diagram OR if I add a new element to the diagram - in this case, the connection is drawn (too late!). Everyone would think this is a simple refresh problem. Well, it is not.

I also thought there is a refresh problem, so I made a command in the context menu, which refreshes the whole diagram (every element). That did not work. And, most of all, I printed all the refreshed elements and noticed that when editing properties from the Property View, some changes, like the one mentioned above, are not reflected in the model. Example: I have a Shape S1 which supports itself. The connection is shown in the diagram. If I edit this property from the Property View and, say, want to delete this connection, the change is not shown in the diagram. The connection is still drawn, although the Property View has an empty field.

What do you think, where is the problem?
Previous Topic:automatically sort children in a compartment
Next Topic:GMF tools shared editing domain
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 03:53:29 GMT 2024