Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Styles not available on Report Designer's Element > Style menu
Styles not available on Report Designer's Element > Style menu [message #663154] Mon, 04 April 2011 07:11 Go to next message
Jani  is currently offline Jani Friend
I'm using all-in-one package of BIRT 2.6.2 in Linux (Ubuntu).

I'm going through the tutorial and run into very frustrating issue in Report Designer.

I'm formatting the example report by using styles, but the Element > Style menu functions in a very very wierd way.

The tutorial says that when I click the whitespace outside the table in layout editor, all selected things should be deselected and I should be able to access styles (e.g. add new styles and edit existing styles) in Element > Style menu. However most of the time Element > Style > New Style is disabled and there is no other styles in Edit/Apply/Remove Style menus.

When I randomly click different parts of the user interface the styles become available at some point and I have been able to create and edit styles and apply them to the report. Most of the time however, the styles are disabled. So far I see no logic in this behaviour.

I'm struggling if this is a stupid user error or a stupid user interface error.

Re: Styles not available on Report Designer's Element > Style menu [message #663360 is a reply to message #663154] Mon, 04 April 2011 19:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

I'm using BIRT 2.6.2 on Windows 7, so I don't have the exact same setup, but I can get to "New Style" from the element menu at any time, whether a report element is selected or not. One thing you could do to avoid using the "Elements" menu to add/edit a style would be to go to the styles section of your "outline" view. All of the styles defines are listed under this. You can double click on them to edit them or if you want to add a new style, you can right click on "styles" and choose "new style" here. Hopefully this helps your situation.

Regards,

Michael
www.birt-exchange.org

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Re: Styles not available on Report Designer's Element > Style menu [message #663460 is a reply to message #663360] Tue, 05 April 2011 08:14 Go to previous message
Jani  is currently offline Jani Friend
I can confirm I can access the styles all the time also from "outline" view - thanks ! I also found out context menu includes the styles.

So the "Element" menu issue seems to be a Linux specific one.

Thanks to two alternative ways this issue is now only a minor annoyance.
Previous Topic:Group Header in Detail Line
Next Topic:Computed column: String display
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 21:07:46 GMT 2024