Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » CDT cross project reference building issues(when building the top level project, the eclipse/CDT does not build the correct referenced projects.)
icon5.gif  CDT cross project reference building issues [message #663013] Sat, 02 April 2011 00:50 Go to next message
Ryan is currently offline RyanFriend
I have 3 projects in my eclipse workspace. 1 project references the other 2 projects. Furthermore, each configuration of the upper project references specific configurations of the referenced projects. These were all setup, for each configuration, in the references under C/C++ General->Paths and Symbols. I specifically chose certain configurations and did NOT choose the active configuration.

The issue I'm seeing is that when I build the upper project, the referenced projects that get built are not the configuration I specified, but instead the currently ACTIVE configuration for the referenced project. This would work fine if the referenced project always had the correct configuration active, but most of the time a different configuration is active in the referenced project when I go to build the top level project. Why is it not building the configuration I specified instead of the active configuration?

Does this have something to do with the fact that I'm using normal makefiles instead of a CDT managed-make setup?
Re: CDT cross project reference building issues [message #902227 is a reply to message #663013] Thu, 16 August 2012 12:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jakob Wachtel is currently offline Jakob WachtelFriend
Dear Ryan,

I'm facing the same problem. I do use automatic makefile generation and have the same issue. Did you find out how to solve it? Is there any way to change the configuration prior to building?

Thanks for your help.

Jakob
Re: CDT cross project reference building issues [message #1007482 is a reply to message #902227] Wed, 06 February 2013 05:41 Go to previous message
Sundarapandian Andithevar is currently offline Sundarapandian AndithevarFriend
In the "Project properties" --> "C/C++ General" --> "Paths and Symbols", Select References tab and there you will find which dependent configurations are to be built.
Previous Topic:How to generate specific tool command based on more than one option
Next Topic:Setting my own default new project options?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 10:45:16 GMT 2024