Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Automatically add comment(did not found documentation about)
Automatically add comment [message #662751] Thu, 31 March 2011 19:09 Go to next message
dirk brauner is currently offline dirk braunerFriend
I tried to install doxygen (which has been done successfully), and then I searched for a function to automatically generate the parameters in doxygen format.
I searched the web and found the feature "automatically generate comment", but without effect (and without any documentation how to use it)
Is this feature implemented ind CDT ?
Is there any documentation of the usage ?
I tried to change the code templates, but was not successful.
I'm using code sourcery and helios in the newest version.
Thanks in advance
Dirk
Re: Automatically add comment [message #662820 is a reply to message #662751] Fri, 01 April 2011 06:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
Put the cursor above a function and enter
/**

when you hit return Eclipse will fill in the doxygen comments.
E.g.
/**
 * @param Frequency
 * @param SamplingRate
 * @return
 */
MyMethod( const float        Frequency,
                    const double  SamplingRate )

BTW, you must have activate the Doxgen feature in the preferences (I am not sure if is the default).
Preferences->C/C++->Editor->Documentation tool comments: select Doxygen

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google

[Updated on: Fri, 01 April 2011 06:09]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Automatically add comment [message #662822 is a reply to message #662820] Fri, 01 April 2011 06:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dirk brauner is currently offline dirk braunerFriend
Hi Axel,
I was successful in getting the parameter.
Thanks for the quick response.
Re: Automatically add comment [message #995075 is a reply to message #662751] Sat, 29 December 2012 02:08 Go to previous message
Commerine Song is currently offline Commerine SongFriend
Eclipse CDT is a C/C++ development IDE based on Eclipse (which defaults to Java development).

CodeSourcery Lite is GCC-based ARM toolchain which provides all the basic ingredients (compiler, assembler, archiver, linker, libraries, newlib, binutils, etc.) in console based executables. The best thing about CodeSourcery is that they also offer commercial solutions which result in quarterly updates to the Lite tool-chain also. This way you always stay inline with the latest GCC developments.

First let's have a look at the pre-requisites. You will need the latest version of Apple Developer Tools which include Xcode, Interface Designer, Instruments etc. and can be download from the Mac App Store. It is needed for the initial building of the toolchain which requires gcc, binutils and make. If you do not want to install the Developer Tools package, you will have to download and install these components individually. Google will help you.

Let's start now.

Step 1 Install Eclipse

Download and install the Eclipse IDE from http://www.eclipse.org. Eclipse Helios. The download page would provide you with a variety of flavors for the IDE. All of them are useful sometime or the other and can be ported to different versions using plugins. So go for the "Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Developers". It would have all the functionality needed to set up the toolchain.

Step 2 Install Eclipse Plugins Fueling up Eclipse

This step involves adding the necessary plugins to Eclipse which are needed to successfully compile an ARM application.

Eclipse CDT

Go to Help > Install New Software.
In the dialog which appears, type "http://download.eclipse.org/tools/cdt/releases/helios" in the Work With text area.
Press enter.
You will get a window as shown below. Select both the choices and click on Next. Accept the license agreement and continue with the installation.
Once the installation is complete, restart Eclipse.
Previous Topic:Qt4.8 unresolved inclusion with JUNO on Mac OSX Lion
Next Topic:Eclipse crashes since update when parsing one project
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 01:32:00 GMT 2024