Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Gemini » Changing from Eclipselink to Gemini
Changing from Eclipselink to Gemini [message #662479] Wed, 30 March 2011 18:33 Go to next message
Christian Eugster is currently offline Christian EugsterFriend
Hi,
until now I have used eclipselink-2-1-2 in an Eclipse rcp application. The PersistenceProvider run as an osgi service. Now I wanted to change to 2.2.0 and there is the information that I have to use Eclipselink with Gemini. There are several Gemini subprojects and I have no idea, where to begin. Which part of Gemini I have to use in a rcp application? How do I integrate Gemini in my application? How can I use Gemini as a Service providing a persistenceProvider?

Thank you for any suggestions!

Christian
Re: Changing from Eclipselink to Gemini [message #662663 is a reply to message #662479] Thu, 31 March 2011 13:23 Go to previous message
Michael Keith is currently offline Michael KeithFriend
Hi Christian,

You will want to be using Gemini JPA, optionally with Gemini DBAccess. (If you don't use DBAccess then you will need to embed the JDBC driver).

Once you download Gemini JPA, read the GettingStarted file and it should tell you what you need to get going. Feel free to post here if you have any problems.

-Mike

BTW, I think EclipseLink still supports the old way, but not sure for how much longer.

Previous Topic:Gemini DBAccess Graduation
Next Topic:Documentation about using custom bean scope
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 10:13:15 GMT 2024