Skip to main content


Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Technology Project and PMC » Installing eclipse, no Java in Preferences
Installing eclipse, no Java in Preferences [message #66175] Mon, 06 December 2004 22:45 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: c3kwan.hotmail.com

Hi,

I don't understand why I have no Java item in the Preferences menu. I can
start Eclipse fine, but I can't do anything with Java. I have the JRE
installed.

Thanks in advance!
Re: Installing eclipse, no Java in Preferences [message #66196 is a reply to message #66175] Tue, 07 December 2004 11:35 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: daniel.megert.gmx.net

Chris Wang wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I don't understand why I have no Java item in the Preferences menu. I
> can start Eclipse fine, but I can't do anything with Java. I have the
> JRE installed.

You probably downloaded Eclipse Platform instead of Eclipse SDK.

BTW: This is the wrong newsgroup, use eclipse.platform.

Dani

>
> Thanks in advance!
>
Re: Installing eclipse, no Java in Preferences [message #598205 is a reply to message #66175] Tue, 07 December 2004 11:35 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: daniel.megert.gmx.net

Chris Wang wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I don't understand why I have no Java item in the Preferences menu. I
> can start Eclipse fine, but I can't do anything with Java. I have the
> JRE installed.

You probably downloaded Eclipse Platform instead of Eclipse SDK.

BTW: This is the wrong newsgroup, use eclipse.platform.

Dani

>
> Thanks in advance!
>
Previous Topic:Installing eclipse, no Java in Preferences
Next Topic:How can I find a good UML modeler Plug-in for Eclipse
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Tue Apr 23 02:49:31 GMT 2024

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02902 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software

Back to the top