Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Add BIRT runtime library jar files into RCP app?(NoClassDefFoundError encountered when running the RCP app)
Add BIRT runtime library jar files into RCP app? [message #659818] Tue, 15 March 2011 17:36 Go to next message
anna.w.teittinen is currently offline anna.w.teittinenFriend
Hello,

I have a RCP application from where I am calling methods to create BIRT reports based on a .rptDesign file.

I am able to do this successfully from a standalone Java app by adding the BIRT runtime *.jar files to the -cp option.

For the RCP app, however, when I launched the RCP app, the code to invoke the runtime library fails with an error message:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/birt/report/engine/api/IRenderOption

To try to get this to work from I copied the C:\birt-runtime-2_6_2\ReportEngine\lib\ folder into my <workspaceDir>\<myRcpProjectDir>\birtRuntimeLib\ folder.

Then, within the plugin.xml file, within the 'Build' tab, I made sure I added all the jar files from the <workspaceDir>\<myRcpProjectDir>\birtRuntimeLib\ directory into the "Extra Classpath Entries" section.

The error message still shows when I run the RCP app.

Did I miss something?

Thanks so much in advance,
--Anna
Re: Add BIRT runtime library jar files into RCP app? [message #659848 is a reply to message #659818] Tue, 15 March 2011 19:05 Go to previous message
anna.w.teittinen is currently offline anna.w.teittinenFriend
Hello,

I found the problem.

I should have added the BIRT runtime jar files into the "Classpath" section in the "Runtime" tab. The NoClassDefFoundError is gone now.

Thanks,
--Anna
Previous Topic:PermGen Space Error Only with Crosstab Report
Next Topic:BIRT Viewer leaving files open?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 03:16:28 GMT 2024