Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » [RESOLVED] javascript died in PDT browser(Project development halted because javascript is failing to function)
icon8.gif  [RESOLVED] javascript died in PDT browser [message #659552] Mon, 14 March 2011 15:07
g-dawg  is currently offline g-dawg Friend
I am fairly new to PDT, PHP and, well, eclipse (since December). I have been developing an application in PHP and implementing Javascript pretty heavily. For some reason, the internal browser (debugger) stopped running the javascript a couple of days ago.

As far as I know, nothing about the IDE changed. I just went to add a final component to this phase of the project and it died. I removed that code and it's still dead. I removed (cut out, not just commented) all of the JS code down to the init() function and a couple of base functions and they still don't function.

I attempted to run it in IE8 and it works wonderfully (as far as JS goes). But I need to debug my PHP code and it's pretty prohibitive if the javascript won't function to allow me to run the PHP part of the script.

Has anyone seen this in the past and how can I fix it?

thanks.

UPDATE: I cut all of the javascript out and retyped in the basic functions and they seem to be working now. Apparently there's a disruptive character in the original code that I've removed.

UPDATE FINAL: It was a VERY LARGE, generated array in the javascript block. One comma was missing (two elements not delimited) and a comma was at the end of the list of elements. Probably from code shifting/cut-n-paste without proper clean-up. Embarrassed

[Updated on: Mon, 14 March 2011 17:24]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Eclipse PDT IIS 7 and xdebug
Next Topic:project encoding properties
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 26 13:26:47 GMT 2024