Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Eclipse debug hangs when manually stoping bundle from console
Eclipse debug hangs when manually stoping bundle from console [message #659200] Fri, 11 March 2011 14:14 Go to next message
Jakub Plichta is currently offline Jakub PlichtaFriend
Hi all,

I have a problem with debugging OSGi bundles in Eclipse. I have Virgo server 2.1.0 and Eclipse Helios. I have 12 bundles deployed on the server.

The server is running smoothly in debug and stops on defined breakpoints. When I republish or redeploy installed bundles from Eclipse server view the debugger stops at breakpoints without no problems.

The problem is when I manually stop some bundle (that is related to some of breakpoints) from server console. In this case the whole Eclipse freezes for about a 30 seconds and only after that they stops at given breakpoint. I tried to enable/disable individual components from bundles, but that worked well. As I see it, the problem is related to bundle related operations.

thanks in advance
Re: Eclipse debug hangs when manually stoping bundle from console [message #659297 is a reply to message #659200] Fri, 11 March 2011 21:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hristo Iliev is currently offline Hristo IlievFriend

Hi,

Perhaps the logs during this "freeze" period can provide a hint.

Can you please check if there is anything related in the serviceability directory?

Regards,
Hristo Iliev
Re: Eclipse debug hangs when manually stoping bundle from console [message #659424 is a reply to message #659297] Sun, 13 March 2011 19:10 Go to previous message
Jakub Plichta is currently offline Jakub PlichtaFriend
Well I have checked serviceability directory but without any success..

It looks like all calls before the breakpoint are correctly executed but when the runtime comes to the code with breakpoint it freezes.

Message with "stopping bundle ..." is there in time and is followed by my debug logs which are executed before the breakpoint, then the logging is frozen the same way as Eclipse is.
Previous Topic:Reference bean in application context from servlet context
Next Topic:Upgrading version of spring
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 06:14:37 GMT 2024