Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Eclipse refuses to save JSP files in Dynamic Web Project(It can edit JSPs, and saving doesn't throw an error, but the file reverts or doesn't actually change on the file structure.)
Eclipse refuses to save JSP files in Dynamic Web Project [message #659069] Thu, 10 March 2011 21:17
No real name is currently offline No real nameFriend
I have a folder from a git repository in which we are storing our code
(eg. /workspace/gitFolder/). In this folder I'm trying to make a "dynamic web project" from the project wizard (eg. TestApp, in /workspace/gitFolder/TestApp).

The web project works fine, and I can deploy it to Tomcat 7 by going Run >> Run On Server, which is the goal of all this.

BUT! I cannot save the JSP files from within eclipse. I can create them, edit them, etc, and it lets me save, but when I close the file then reopen it, the file has reverted to before my edits. It doesn't give me an error or any notice; it just refuses to save the file.

I haven't committed this project to the git repo because it doesn't work yet, in case that matters. If I create the TestApp in the workspace and not in the git repo folder, everything works fine. If I create the TestApp in the workspace and then move it into the git repo folder, it doesn't work. If I edit the file in a text editor outside of Eclipse, the file saves normally and is deployed to Tomcat properly.

The only other relevant issue is that the git folder (eg workspace/gitFolder) has a pom.xml for a couple sub projects in that same folder.

What would prevent Eclipse from saving these jsps?
Previous Topic:Java source formatter doesn't run
Next Topic:Eclipse for Java EE 3.6.2 - glassfish cannot start from IDE but can from command line
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 04:00:08 GMT 2024