Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » "Intro tried accessing a NULL bundle" error when trying to open Java editor sample
"Intro tried accessing a NULL bundle" error when trying to open Java editor sample [message #658729] Wed, 09 March 2011 15:57 Go to next message
No real name is currently offline No real nameFriend
Using Helios, I've had the same problem under both Ubuntu and Windows, tried searching for a solution, but haven't seen one. Going on the Welcome screen to Samples, and clicking on the Java Editor sample, getting error:
"Intro tried accessing a NULL bundle".
Previously tried (I believe a different sample) in Galileo, and got a different error:
"Cannot install featureorg.eclipse.sdk.samples"...
How do I go about troubleshooting these?

Thanks!
Re: "Intro tried accessing a NULL bundle" error when trying to open Java editor sample [message #658800 is a reply to message #658729] Wed, 09 March 2011 20:13 Go to previous message
No real name is currently offline No real nameFriend
Further development... I recall earlier cancelling an installation when I got a warning that it wasn't signed... as I was looking around in preferences I found a checkbox to see these prompts again...

Windows > Preferences > General > Network Connections > Cache
Prompt me for agreement for licenses for whose terms I have already disagreed

I checked it off and later tried the samples again... This time, I was asked if I wanted to install the samples, after hitting okay, it started to download them. Then I got this warning:

Warning: You are installing software that contains unsigned content. The authenticity or validity of this software cannot be established. Do you want to continue with the installation?

Checking under details, it's listing inside my eclipse directory: "/.../eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.sdk.samples_3.3.0"

Is this warning expected when looking at the samples? I see this closed bug report which seems similar and says the behavior is expected in certain circumstances. It's not clear to me how to fix the situation from reading it though.

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=308189#c6
Previous Topic:looking plugin to edit a hierarchy formatted data in a text file
Next Topic:exclude sub-folder from include files
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 00:32:54 GMT 2024