Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » Extending moduleArtifactAdapters(Question on enabling Run on Server for custom Project type)
Extending moduleArtifactAdapters [message #658324] Mon, 07 March 2011 21:40
Troy Self is currently offline Troy SelfFriend
Hi,

I am developing a special project type in Eclipse that ultimately results in a servlet being deployed to a web container. The project type does not involve developing a servlet. Rather, it has wizards to help develop specialized configuration files, which then get packaged into a custom, pre-defined servlet.

I want to extend things so that I can right-click on the project and select 'Run on Server' to have the current configuration wrapped up into the proper servlet structure and executed within Eclipse. In reading the WTP documentation, I see that I need to extend moduleArtifactAdapters. I did that, which requires defining a ModuleArtifactAdapterDelegate. I am not sure where to go from here. I have been tracing through the JST code to see what it does. I need to return an IModuleArtifact from that delegate and am not sure how to do that. It's unclear whether I need to create my own ModuleFactory, etc. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

-- tBs
Previous Topic:DTP -> ProfileManager.getInstance() throws NullPointerException
Next Topic:Tomcat 7 in Indigo.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 22:32:21 GMT 2024