Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » [SOLVED] How to test a subset of all plug-ins (that are being developed)
icon14.gif  [SOLVED] How to test a subset of all plug-ins (that are being developed) [message #657768] Thu, 03 March 2011 23:07 Go to next message
Kivanc Muslu is currently offline Kivanc MusluFriend
Hi all,

First of all if this is the wrong forum, excuse me, I really couldn't decide where to post this.

I am developing 2 plug-ins using the same Eclipse Workspace. This is great since when I launch the second (inner) Eclipse, it loads all the plug-ins that are being developed. However sometimes I want to only debug (see behavior of) one plug-in. Is there a way to do this (i.e., disable one of the plug-ins that are being developed)?

What I currently do is that close that plug-in's project. This way Eclipse does not load it in the inner one. However, this is not convenient for me since closing a project also closes all files related with it from the editors, and I lose the sense where I was at that project.

Thanks in advance, best regards,

[Updated on: Fri, 04 March 2011 03:29]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to test a subset of all plug-ins (that are being developed) [message #657782 is a reply to message #657768] Fri, 04 March 2011 03:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satyam Kandula is currently offline Satyam KandulaFriend
In RunConfiguration go to the plugins tab, select "Plugins selected ..." and select what you want.
Re: How to test a subset of all plug-ins (that are being developed) [message #657784 is a reply to message #657782] Fri, 04 March 2011 03:29 Go to previous message
Kivanc Muslu is currently offline Kivanc MusluFriend
Hi Satyam,

Thank you very much. It worked like a charm...
Previous Topic:BUG in Extract Superclass Refactoring
Next Topic:How to get buffer (IBuffer) of a normal text (.txt) file?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 04:12:55 GMT 2024