Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Reset Perspective when Eclipse closes(Reset Perspective when Eclipse closes)
Reset Perspective when Eclipse closes [message #656126] Thu, 24 February 2011 10:07 Go to next message
Pieter  is currently offline Pieter Friend
I wrote a plug-in for Eclipse which is a perspective with some views. I'm having problems resetting the perspective when closing Eclipse. I got to the point where I can release all the things on the views and hide the the views but when you start Eclipse again the views which I hid is back. How do I get the perspective to reset when the user closes Eclipse ?

Info about my perspective :

IFolderLayout topleft = pLayout.createFolder(TOPLEFT,IPageLayout.LEFT,0.25f,
pLayout.getEditorArea());
topleft.addView(View1_ID);
//Bottom left
IFolderLayout leftbot = pLayout.createFolder(LEFTBOTTOM,IPageLayout.BOTTOM,0.50f,
TOPLEFT);
leftbot.addPlaceholder(SchemaVieW_ID+":viewSecondaryID*");
//leftbot.addView(View2_ID);

IFolderLayout bottom = pLayout.createFolder(BOTTOM,IPageLayout.BOTTOM,0.50f,
pLayout.getEditorArea());
bottom.addPlaceholder(View3_ID);
bottom.addPlaceholder(View4_ID);
bottom.addPlaceholder(View5_ID);
Re: Reset Perspective when Eclipse closes [message #657585 is a reply to message #656126] Thu, 03 March 2011 11:24 Go to previous message
Pieter  is currently offline Pieter Friend
Where can I ask so something can be built into the next eclipse so I can do what I asked ? Even if an event called BeforeClosePerspective can be built into eclipse which fires before the perspective start closing so I can reset it ?

Or some way that I can stop Eclipse from saving the perspective current layout ?
Previous Topic:Fragment project issue
Next Topic:Move WorkbenchWindow to a virtual desktop on KDE
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 21:03:08 GMT 2024