Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » SWTBot » Can't make swtbot work on icewm when there's a change of shell
Can't make swtbot work on icewm when there's a change of shell [message #655088] Fri, 18 February 2011 09:57 Go to next message
imediava  is currently offline imediava Friend
I have an amazon elastic cloud instance with the ubuntu ami set up with hudson to run the builds of my project. To run my swtbots

I've installed xubuntu-desktop but they don't run with it, they show a NullpointerException when they try to find any widget.

I've tried icewm as the window manager and tests seems to work well, it can find the widgets as long as i don't have to change the shell. When there's a new shell i have to set the focus on, then swtbot can never find it and obviously the tests fail and the screenshots show the last shell instead of the new one i'm openning.

Anybody knows how to overcome this problem when i have to change the shell?

PD: To set up the display and the graphic environment i do:

export DISPLAY=:1
Xvfb :1 -screen 0 1024x768x16 &
icewm &

To run the tests i do:

/bin/sh -c cd /var/lib/hudson/jobs/dynamicrefactoring.plugin/workspace/dyn amicrefactoring.tests && /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk/jre/bin/java -debug -Dosgi.noShutdown=false -Dosgi.os=linux -Dosgi.ws=gtk -Dosgi.arch=x86 -javaagent:lib/jacocoagent.jar=destfile=../cobertura/jacoco. exec -jar /var/lib/hudson/.m2/repository/p2/osgi/bundle/org.eclipse.eq uinox.launcher/1.1.0.v20100507/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher- 1.1.0.v20100507.jar -data /var/lib/hudson/jobs/dynamicrefactoring.plugin/workspace/dyn amicrefactoring.tests/target/work/data -dev file:/var/lib/hudson/jobs/dynamicrefactoring.plugin/workspac e/dynamicrefactoring.tests/target/dev.properties -install /var/lib/hudson/jobs/dynamicrefactoring.plugin/workspace/dyn amicrefactoring.tests/target/work -configuration /var/lib/hudson/jobs/dynamicrefactoring.plugin/workspace/dyn amicrefactoring.tests/target/work/configuration -application org.sonatype.tycho.surefire.osgibooter.uitest -testproperties /var/lib/hudson/jobs/dynamicrefactoring.plugin/workspace/dyn amicrefactoring.tests/target/surefire.properties -testApplication org.eclipse.ui.ide.workbench -product org.eclipse.sdk.ide -nouithread

And i know there's no special problem with the tests cause they run in my maven local installation and even the "MyFirstTest" from the SWTBot user guide fails (again cause it doesn't change the shell right).

[Updated on: Fri, 18 February 2011 10:20]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Can't make swtbot work on icewm when there's a change of shell [message #655128 is a reply to message #655088] Fri, 18 February 2011 12:54 Go to previous message
imediava  is currently offline imediava Friend
I finally desisted from trying with icewm or xubuntu.

I did "sudo aptitude install --no-install-recommends ubuntu-desktop" and my swtbot tests worked.
Previous Topic:Occasional NullPointerExceptions on Windows
Next Topic:FAQ suggestion re testing installed products
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 11:16:47 GMT 2024