Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Wizard page does not launch(Creating an import wizard which declare and add a wizard page but this one does not launch when I press "Next")
Wizard page does not launch [message #654892] Thu, 17 February 2011 14:35 Go to next message
Antoine  is currently offline Antoine Friend
Hi everyone !

I use a lot Eclipse but for the first time I create a plugin. I want to have an import wizard, so I've used the extension org.eclipse.ui.importWizard, if I run it I can see my new import wizard.
Then I've created a simple page to specify a file (extend WizardNewFileCreationPage) with this code in the addPages method:
System.out.println("Adding...");
		icdInfo = new ICDInformationPage("Foo", selection);
		icdInfo.setTitle("title");
		icdInfo.setDescription("description");
		icdInfo.setFileName("filename");
		this.addPage(icdInfo);

When I select my wizard, I press "Next", I can see my println, but in my wizard dialog, nothing happens, no ICDInformationPage...

I saw a lot of tutorial about using wizard and I think that no one use more things...

If someone could help me because I've tried a lot of thing and nothing works !

Thanks, see you !

Antoine
Re: Wizard page does not launch [message #654907 is a reply to message #654892] Thu, 17 February 2011 15:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Devi Vara Prasad Bandaru is currently offline Devi Vara Prasad BandaruFriend

Make sure that you are calling setControl() method in org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.IDialogPage.createControl(Composit e) of your wizard page otherwise the page might show up empty.

Take a look at this post regarding wizards might be helpful for you..
http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php?t=msg&S=f9735256 9f5dfb60164343e70741ecd9&th=165964&goto=525969#msg_5 25969

Re: Wizard page does not launch [message #655080 is a reply to message #654907] Fri, 18 February 2011 09:36 Go to previous message
Antoine  is currently offline Antoine Friend
Thanks Prasad, I've missed it !

The link you've writted was very helpful to well understand who does what ^^

Thank you very much, my wizard works !!

Antoine
Previous Topic:[Plugin.xml] Strange behavior since Eclipse 3.7M5
Next Topic:Moved a project to Win7 x86_64 from Linux_64, now get "Platform filter did not match:"
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 06:12:18 GMT 2024