Skip to main content


Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » M2M (model-to-model transformation) » XML and ATL(using xml in an ATL transformation ?)
XML and ATL [message #654868] Thu, 17 February 2011 13:35 Go to next message
Mehdi Missing name is currently offline Mehdi Missing nameFriend
Messages: 22
Registered: December 2010
Junior Member
Hi,

I have been using ATL to do M2M transformation for quite some time but only using xmi files as inputs, now i tried to use an xml file in my transformation but i have some errors.

Ok, now this is all i have done so far :

1 - i had an xml and it's xsd file
2 - from ithe xsd i generated an ecore meta model using an EMF project.
3 - i created a simple ATL transformation to another Ecore meta modèle.
4 - after execution of the ATL transformation i had some errors.

My questions are :

Can we use an xml file in an atl transformation or do we need an xmi file ?
if we need an xmi file, how do we transform an xml file to an xmi file ?

Thank you for your answers.
Re: XML and ATL [message #655161 is a reply to message #654868] Fri, 18 February 2011 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ronan B is currently offline Ronan BFriend
Messages: 273
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi,
You must generate some code using the genmodel then deploy the code as a plugin so that ATL can see the meta-model. You can create a plugin(s) off the editor code or else start a second target eclipse. Either way the meta-model will be registered by EMF and your ATL will be able to serialise/deserialise your models according to the XML Schema/MetaModel. See my earlier post at http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php?t=msg&th=203153& amp;start=0&S=6b866a5d1c59903dcc99e0e6ace7b17c
Regards,
Ronan
Re: XML and ATL [message #655505 is a reply to message #655161] Mon, 21 February 2011 13:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mehdi Missing name is currently offline Mehdi Missing nameFriend
Messages: 22
Registered: December 2010
Junior Member
hi,

thank you for the response, but i still have one more question :

you said :
You must generate some code using the genmodel how can i do this ? and what is the code that is generated ?

then deploy the code as a plugin so that ATL can see the meta-model. i suppose that the response to this question is what you said in the next sentence :

You can create a plugin(s) off the editor code or else start a second target eclipse. what is the editor code ?

Thank you for your time.
Re: XML and ATL [message #655513 is a reply to message #655505] Mon, 21 February 2011 13:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vincent MAHE is currently offline Vincent MAHEFriend
Messages: 129
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Le 21/02/2011 14:46, Mehdi a écrit :
> hi,
>
> thank you for the response, but i still have one more question :
>
> you said :
> You must generate some code using the genmodel how can i do this ? and
> what is the code that is generated ?

Put an eye on EMF tutorial, for that purpose.
>
> then deploy the code as a plugin so that ATL can see the meta-model. i
> suppose that the response to this question is what you said in the next
> sentence :
> You can create a plugin(s) off the editor code or else start a second
> target eclipse. what is the editor code ?
>
> Thank you for your time.


--
Cordialement

Vincent MAHÉ

Ingénieur Expert - Projet IDM++ - Équipe AtlanMod
École des Mines de Nantes
La Chantrerie - 4, rue Alfred Kastler
B.P. 20722 - F-44307 NANTES Cedex 3
Tel: (33)2 51 85 81 00
Re: XML and ATL [message #655550 is a reply to message #655513] Mon, 21 February 2011 17:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mehdi Missing name is currently offline Mehdi Missing nameFriend
Messages: 22
Registered: December 2010
Junior Member
hi,

ok i think i managed to do everything until the creation of the plugin.
my question now is what do i put as my atl input MM ?
is it the ecore MM or something else ?

thank you for your time
Re: XML and ATL [message #655658 is a reply to message #655550] Tue, 22 February 2011 08:02 Go to previous message
Vincent MAHE is currently offline Vincent MAHEFriend
Messages: 129
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Le 21/02/2011 18:55, Mehdi a écrit :
> hi,
>
> ok i think i managed to do everything until the creation of the plugin.
> my question now is what do i put as my atl input MM ?
> is it the ecore MM or something else ?

You can use the URI of the Ecore metamodel, as it is registe'red (look
at the extension in the plugin.xml.
>
> thank you for your time


--
Cordialement

Vincent MAHÉ

Ingénieur Expert - Projet IDM++ - Équipe AtlanMod
École des Mines de Nantes
La Chantrerie - 4, rue Alfred Kastler
B.P. 20722 - F-44307 NANTES Cedex 3
Tel: (33)2 51 85 81 00
Previous Topic:[ATL] XML document as input for ATL transformation
Next Topic:[ATL] 3rd International Workshop on Model Transformation with ATL (MtATL2011)
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Fri Mar 05 14:46:16 GMT 2021

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.07037 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software

Back to the top