Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Using Namespace URIs to Import Existing EPackages
icon8.gif  Using Namespace URIs to Import Existing EPackages [message #654526] Wed, 16 February 2011 08:29
Animesh Kumar is currently offline Animesh KumarFriend
Hi,
I had some doubts about Using Namespace URIs to Import Existing EPackages.
In the Xtext User Guide, there is a topic called "Using Namespace URIs to Import Existing EPackages", which says
Quote:

You can also use nsURI in order to import existing EPackage. Note that this is generally not preferrable, because you'll have to have the corresponding EPackage installed in the workbench.

What does the statement "You'll have to have the corresponding EPackage installed in the workbench." mean???

Does it mean that the EPackage must be installed through update site or must be there in design time workbench.

I have created a grammar which depends on the existing Ecore models. It takes the namespace uri of an existing EPackage.
Now, when i try writing code in accordance with my grammar, in the import statement i can only give the namespace uri of an EPackage whose Ecore file as well as the sources are already there in design time or the plugin is installed from Update Site.

But if i try to give a namespace uri whose ecore file as well as the sources are there in the runtime workbench and is not there in compile time workbench (and are also not installed as a plugin through update site), then it is unable to find the EPackage.

Can you please tell me why is this happening? Is there any solution to it.

Regards,
Animesh
Previous Topic:Embedding Xtext editor within a Console Page
Next Topic:Load EMF EObject from several dsl files
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 20:55:43 GMT 2024