Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » DTP » 60 row max displayed in sql results window(DTP with Eclipse 20100218-1602 & DTP 1.7.2 & mysql 5.5.8)
60 row max displayed in sql results window [message #654072] Mon, 14 February 2011 01:35 Go to next message
Kurt Harless is currently offline Kurt HarlessFriend
Have a 1000+ row table that is only displaying the first 60 rows in the sql results window. Nothing constraining the rows from the sql perspective, check preferences, Changed max row count to 0 (unlimited?) and max display row row count to 1000000. No help. MYSQL workbench is able to query the table fine using the same sql. What am I doing wrong?
Re: 60 row max displayed in sql results window [message #654450 is a reply to message #654072] Tue, 15 February 2011 20:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brian Fitzpatrick is currently offline Brian FitzpatrickFriend
Just to clarify... You're talking about seeing query results in the SQL Results View?
Re: 60 row max displayed in sql results window [message #655020 is a reply to message #654072] Fri, 18 February 2011 01:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brian Payton is currently offline Brian PaytonFriend
If you execute a query that returns rows, the number of rows displayed
in the SQL Results view is set in the Preferences. The default is 500 rows.

By any chance are you doing a "Sample Contents" action on the table?
(Right click, Data -> Sample Contents). That is limited to 50 returned
rows. If you want to see all the rows you need to run a query against
the table, or edit the table (Data -> Edit).

On 2/13/2011 5:36 PM, Kurt Harless wrote:
> Have a 1000+ row table that is only displaying the first 60 rows in the
> sql results window. Nothing constraining the rows from the sql
> perspective, check preferences, Changed max row count to 0 (unlimited?)
> and max display row row count to 1000000. No help. MYSQL workbench is
> able to query the table fine using the same sql. What am I doing wrong?
Re: 60 row max displayed in sql results window [message #655024 is a reply to message #654072] Fri, 18 February 2011 02:24 Go to previous message
Kurt Harless is currently offline Kurt HarlessFriend
Greetings,

My stupidity. My loaded .csv had some missing dates that apparently prevent the query from running if you include that row. Interestingly, its stops the entire result set, not just the records with invalid dates. I have worked through my date issues using something like; date_closed = if(strcmp(@date_closed,''),STR_TO_DATE(trim(@date_closed), '%m/%d/%Y'),NULL). Setting it to NULL, which is what I thought STR_TO_DATE did if you found invalid dates, fixed this issue. Go figure. I am now working an EXPORT issue from the legacy DB that creates .CSV's that wrap if a new line or carriage return is embedded in a text field. I plan on exporting it in HEX and then converting it back to VARCHAR to keep the desire formatting. Ohhh what fun! Thanks for all the ideas!
Previous Topic:Oracle DB URL failure, must have slash
Next Topic:Is it possible to use DTP to connect to server running SSL
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 23:29:24 GMT 2024