Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Duplicate Recognition(Dplicate IDs not always recognized in DSL)
Duplicate Recognition [message #654037] Sun, 13 February 2011 12:12 Go to next message
Ralf S is currently offline Ralf SFriend
Hello all,

In a DSL i created with xText 1.0.1 i observe a strange behavior: In some of my instance files, Duplicate ID's are not recognized properly. In some files it works fine, while in other files no duplicate ID will be found. Saving or reopening does not fix this.

The Elements are defined in xtext like:
 Var: 	name=ID;

I didn't change anything to the MWE2 File, so i expect the default NamesAreUniqueValidator to be responsible for the "Duplicate Error Message"

I didn't find a way to reproduce this error yet. Any clue what might be wrong?

Ralf

[Updated on: Sun, 13 February 2011 12:18]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Duplicate Recognition [message #654053 is a reply to message #654037] Sun, 13 February 2011 18:05 Go to previous message
Alexander Nittka is currently offline Alexander NittkaFriend
Hi,

could it be that Var is contained in an object that also has a name feature? Then the fully qualified name of the variables with the same ID might be different and hence no error is marked. If possible, post the grammar and a file where errors are marked and one where you would expect errors that are not shown.

You might also try (for test purposes) to use the simple name fragemet instead of the qualified name fragment.

Alex
Previous Topic:Boolean expressions grammar
Next Topic:Help with converting LALR to LL
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 26 07:48:53 GMT 2024