Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » Scout and Data Tools
Scout and Data Tools [message #653914] Fri, 11 February 2011 20:42 Go to next message
Brian Payton is currently offline Brian PaytonFriend
Hi, I just became aware of the Scout project. I noticed on the Scout wiki that Scout makes use of the Connectivity component of the DTP (Data Tools Platform) project. I was wondering, does Scout make use of DTP in other ways? (I'm the DTP PMC Lead, by the way.)

Also, I saw an announcement that Scout is doing SQL formatting. How are you implementing that?
Re: Scout and Data Tools [message #654108 is a reply to message #653914] Mon, 14 February 2011 08:52 Go to previous message
Ivan Motsch is currently offline Ivan MotschFriend
Hi Brian,

Yes we make use of DTP in the scout sdk environment together with pde and jdt.

With regard to sql formatting and parsing: we have such components for almost 10 years now and feel happy to contribute that together with scout.

The sql parser is a rule based parser thus can parse most of the sql styles and standards including inner selects, insert select, with etc.
It consists of the 3 parts "into parsing", "bind parsing" and "rule syntax parsing"

The formatter operates on a parsed model and formats based on the "block output" concept.
Previous Topic:Unable to start client, Scout version 3.7.0.201102030625
Next Topic:Adding Outlines to Toolbar
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 17:03:09 GMT 2024