Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Why is commons-logging included in the infocenter WAR file?
Why is commons-logging included in the infocenter WAR file? [message #653177] Tue, 08 February 2011 18:30
Peter Desjardins is currently offline Peter DesjardinsFriend
Hi. I'm using the Eclipse user assistance system as an infocenter. I'm packaging it as a WAR file according to these instructions (http://bit.ly/gw85YN). The infocenter runs perfectly on Tomcat 6.0 but I'm having trouble with commons-logging when I try to run it with JBoss 4.2.

I want to know why org.apache.commons.logging_1.0.4.v201005080501.jar is included in the plugins directory of the infocenter WAR file. The application will not run if I remove that file even though JBoss has its own commons-logging JAR in its class path.

I can make the infocenter work on JBoss 4.2 if I explicitly add the latest commons-logging and log4j jar files to the JBoss class path and leave org.apache.commons.logging_1.0.4.v201005080501.jar in the plugins directory of the WAR file.

Is there a better forum for this type of question? Does anyone know why that commons-logging JAR file is packaged in the WAR?

Thanks for your help.

Peter
Previous Topic:Don't get bitmaps in feature (trouble with getImageDescriptor)
Next Topic:Eclipse job ui dead when upload big data.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 04:03:44 GMT 2024