Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Does eclipse provide any underlying facilities to retrieve data from remote systems
Does eclipse provide any underlying facilities to retrieve data from remote systems [message #652652] Fri, 04 February 2011 20:42 Go to next message
Jing Xie is currently offline Jing XieFriend
Hi,

Conceptually, what I am trying to do is pretty simple.

I want to write a plugin that can download a bunch of jar and other files from a given valid URL. So I think the plugin has to connect to the network through some means. Now that Eclipse plugin installation essentially does similar things but only downloads eclipse plugin type of jars, but the nevertheless, there's a way to achieve what I want to do. The problem of mine is that I don't know where I should be heading to get hold of the related knowledge.

I would appreciate if anyone points me to the right direction.

Thanks so much.
Jing
Re: Does eclipse provide any underlying facilities to retrieve data from remote systems [message #652668 is a reply to message #652652] Sat, 05 February 2011 03:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Pellaton is currently offline Michael PellatonFriend
Hi

org.apache.commons.httpclient is available as bundle in Eclipse.

HTH
Michael
Re: Does eclipse provide any underlying facilities to retrieve data from remote systems [message #652712 is a reply to message #652652] Sat, 05 February 2011 19:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jack  is currently offline jack Friend
im new to eclipse but ive been through a few or the options once up and running and im pretty sure you can import from various sources,im running helios with the additional plug ins.
Re: Does eclipse provide any underlying facilities to retrieve data from remote systems [message #653182 is a reply to message #652668] Tue, 08 February 2011 18:40 Go to previous message
Jing Xie is currently offline Jing XieFriend

Many thanks to you. That's exactly what I want.

Jing
Previous Topic:Activate code assist for JavaScript
Next Topic:Could not find Java SE - but unusual behaviour...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 00:01:35 GMT 2024