Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Unable to resolve import statements during headless build
Unable to resolve import statements during headless build [message #652432] Thu, 03 February 2011 21:31 Go to next message
Jon Svede is currently offline Jon SvedeFriend
Our product build is failing on Hudson for reasons I can't explain. If check out our source and run the build locally it runs fine. On our Hudson instance the build fails while compiling classes, saying it can't resolve classes.

These classes are in another plugin, so the obvious issue would be that the manifest on either side doesn't have the right info - but this isn't the case. On the importing side, the dependency is properly declared in the manifest.mf; it's also in the feature.xml for the feature this plugin is associated with. On the exported side, the manifest properly lists the right packages for export. The only error I am seeing is like this:

[java] [javac] 1. ERROR in /home/builder/sera/toolkit/sera-build-dir/plugins/gov.nrel.s era.vehiclestock/src/gov/nrel/sera/vehiclestock/impl/Vehicle stockPackageImpl.java (at line 9)
[java] [javac] import gov.nrel.sera.energy.EnergyPackage;

[java] [javac] ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
[java] [javac] The import gov.nrel.sera.energy cannot be resolved

I have seen this type of error before but it almost always has to do with the feature not having the right plugins included. This time that doesn't seem to be the case.

Again, this is working on my desktop which is on Windows XP whereas the Hudson build is on Linux. I can't see how that would cause this issue though.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Jon
Re: Unable to resolve import statements during headless build [message #653475 is a reply to message #652432] Wed, 09 February 2011 21:27 Go to previous message
Jon Svede is currently offline Jon SvedeFriend
Just to close the loop, it was the feature.xml. I was looking at the "Dependencies" tab to get it resolved and I had assumed it, the dependencies, would have been enumerated on the "Plug-ins" tab. It was not. Adding the dependency on the "Plug-ins" tab resolved my issue.

Thanks for looking!

Jon
Previous Topic:Learn by doing
Next Topic:RCP launch configuration and RCP product
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 13:45:25 GMT 2024