Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Test and Performance Tools Platform (TPTP) » Interpretation of Execution statistics[Cumulative Time](Interpretation of Execution statistics[Cumulative Time])
Interpretation of Execution statistics[Cumulative Time] [message #651940] Wed, 02 February 2011 07:35 Go to next message
Shailesh Charati is currently offline Shailesh CharatiFriend
I have profiled an eclipse application and having hard time interpreting results.

I have applied a filter so that only packages of my interest are shown in the execution statistics.For one of the packages I see that the cumulative times of the classes underneath it do not add up to the cumulative time of the package.I think they should.

Can some one throw some light on it ? If it's a legitimate case then what scenario can cause this ?

Thanks in advance,

-Shailesh
Re: Interpretation of Execution statistics[Cumulative Time] [message #654032 is a reply to message #651940] Sun, 13 February 2011 10:25 Go to previous message
No real name is currently offline No real nameFriend
Hello!

Despite what is stated in the help ("The summed cumulative time for the classes in the package") the cumulative time for package can not be obtained by just arithmetical addition.

If you configure collector to collect data only of your single package and if the package consists of two classes X and Y where Y is delegate of X then all cumulative time of Y is already included in X.

Thus, the total cumulative time will be equal not to the arithmetical sum but rather to the cumulative time of X

Previous Topic:Eclipse Java EE, Glassfish, Tomcat, and TPTP
Next Topic:Phantom calls in TPTP execution statistics profiling Web app.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 19:50:50 GMT 2024